Provides customer focused comprehensive pharmaceutical care services for patients w/ complex medication problems.
- Provides pharmacotherapy consultation & follow up of patients w/ complex medical problems.
- Assesses the drug therapy needs of patients & monitors progress of therapy through interviews, physical assessment, patient education & clinical laboratory monitoring.
- Makes timely decisions about patient drug treatment modalities w/in guidelines & protocols & communicates regularly w/ health care providers.
- Documents all clinical interventions & drug information requests using appropriate methods.
- Communicates new medication therapies to pharmacists, physicians & other health care providers.
- Develops drug education plans & strategies to promote cost-effective prescribing in area of expertise including communication of initiatives to providers & staff.
- Supports initiatives to achieve HEDIS targeted disease state goals related to drug therapy.
- Acts as preceptor & mentor of the managed care pharmacy practice resident(s) & pharmacy students where applicable. Evaluates & critiques students & residents abilities in established practice rotations through use of learning goals & objectives.
- Develops & delivers pharmaceutical education lectures to staff & patients.
- Demonstrates continued competency in specialty areas of pharmacy practice.
- Assures compliance to all regulatory rules & regulations & Kaiser Permanente's policies & procedures to include but not limited to:
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- State Boards of Pharmacy
- Principles of Responsibility
- Proper use of Kaiser Permanente personal computers & applications
- Oversees pharmacy technician staff in execution of technical functions where applicable
- Takes lead role in implementation of new drug-related initiatives, establishment of new clinical pharmacy services as requested, & Part D MTM activities w/ clinical pharmacists.
- Participates in research activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of 1 year residency related to practice area or 3 years of equivalent clinical practice experience required.
- Pharmacy doctorate degree required.
- Licensed Pharmacist to practice in assigned jurisdiction(s) required.
- Board certification (US-BCPS preferred) must be current or achieved within three years of starting this position.
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills required.
- Specialty residency preferred.
- Experience in Anemia Management and Procrit Monitoring preferred.
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...