Provides customer focused comprehensive pharmaceutical care services for patients w/ complex medication problems.
- Provides pharmacotherapy consultation & follow up of patients w/ complex medical problems.
- Assesses the drug therapy needs of patients & monitors progress of therapy through interviews, physical assessment, patient education & clinical laboratory monitoring.
- Makes timely decisions about patient drug treatment modalities w/in guidelines & protocols & communicates regularly w/ health care providers.
- Documents all clinical interventions & drug information requests using appropriate methods.
- Communicates new medication therapies to pharmacists, physicians & other health care providers.
- Develops drug education plans & strategies to promote cost-effective prescribing in area of expertise including communication of initiatives to providers & staff.
- Supports initiatives to achieve HEDIS targeted disease state goals related to drug therapy.
- Acts as preceptor & mentor of the managed care pharmacy practice resident(s) & pharmacy students where applicable. Evaluates & critiques students & residents abilities in established practice rotations through use of learning goals & objectives.
- Develops & delivers pharmaceutical education lectures to staff & patients.
- Demonstrates continued competency in specialty areas of pharmacy practice.
- Assures compliance to all regulatory rules & regulations & Kaiser Permanente's policies & procedures to include but not limited to:
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- State Boards of Pharmacy
- Principles of Responsibility
- Proper use of Kaiser Permanente personal computers & applications
- Oversees pharmacy technician staff in execution of technical functions where applicable
- Takes lead role in implementation of new drug-related initiatives, establishment of new clinical pharmacy services as requested, & Part D MTM activities w/ clinical pharmacists.
- Participates in research activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of 1 year residency related to practice area or 3 years of equivalent clinical practice experience required.
- Pharmacy doctorate degree required.
- Licensed Pharmacist to practice in assigned jurisdiction(s) required.
- Board certification (US-BCPS preferred) must be current or achieved within three years of starting this position.
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills required.
- Specialty residency preferred.
- Experience in Anemia Management and Procrit Monitoring preferred.
At Kaiser Permanente, all of us, from accounting, sales and IT, to our care delivery teams on the front lines, stand for Total Health....