Entelligence consultants work on the best projects in the largest data centers in the world, and report more career satisfaction than anywhere else! Join our team as a NetApp Storage Management Engineer in San Antonio, TXtoday.
Duration: 6 Months
Hire Details: Need a PSE that can faciliate NAS administration as Staff Augmentation. See below for required skillsets. Some work will be multistore (vfiler migration)they are setting up SnapVault. Some sizing assistance and snapmirror configuration and tuning will be needed.
Work Environment : 10-50 Netapp Controllers, 72+Hosts, 100-500 TBs, NAS-NFS, NAS-CIFS, FAS 3000, FAS 6000, 150+ Users, Oracle, File Services, SnapMirror, SnapVault, OnCommand Unified Manager
Storage Management Engineer is a mid-level PS Engineer. In addition to ensuring the smooth operations of the storage infrastructure, the Storage Management Engineer supports and fine-tunes the efficiency of the implemented storage management solutions. This consultant also implements the necessary tools to assist in the improvement of overall storage efficiency objectives. The Storage Management Engineer will also be responsible for mentoring and/or supporting additional Residents on the account.
Skills: NAS - CIFS, NAS - NFS, Snapshot, SnapMirror, Volume Management, ASUP, Upgrades, De-Duplication
Additional Skills : SnapVault, Ops Mgr, HW/SW Installation Nice to Have: Ops Mgmt, SnapLock, Documenation, Backup SW, Scripting
Storage Management Engineer is assigned to a specific customer and will be responsible for:
The Storage Management Engineer must be proficient in the following areas:
- Support and daily administration of NetApp storage infrastructure
- Becoming a trusted advisor to the customer and account team
- Staffing augmentation to customers storage team
- The support of a customer’s IT Service Management (ITSM) framework relative to the storage infrastructure.
- Project planning for solution management and tools implementation tasks of moderate complexity.
- Providing support for storage projects and solutions such as backup and restore, disaster recovery, storage consolidation, data protection, storage performance, etc.
- Storage Efficiency Optimization such as upgrades, performance tuning, and system audit tasks.
- Providing customer support including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Technical mentoring and guidance to other technical team members.
The responsibilities of a Storage Management Engineer will include:
- Operating Systems: Unix and/or Windows systems administration functions including domain structures, file systems, disk partitions, mounts, quotas, and general security.
- Networking: Local Area Network technology, specifically Ethernet, IP, DNS and NIS associated daemons, FC switches and directors, Network architectures including hubs, repeaters, bridges, routers, and switches.
- Storage: SAN and/or NAS storage, data replication, storage efficiency and manageability software
- IT application environment: full spectrum of the technical environment: infrastructure, backups and business applications (Oracle, SAP, MS Exchange, MS SharePoint, MS SQL, etc.)
Must have direct experience in the following areas:
- Storage Efficiency and Optimization – Ensure NetApp products are suitably configured for maximum storage efficiency. This may include such tasks as product upgrades, performance monitoring, and system audit tasks.
- Documentation – Create and maintain NetApp storage infrastructure best practice documentation for the customer.
- Service Operations (ITILv3)- Key functions include interfacing with Operations Management and the Service Desk. The resident engineer will be responsible for performing storage operations leveraging the following process and Service Levels and will be a responsible for the continuous improvement of these services.
- Service Transition (ITILv3) – The resident engineer will be required to drive storage related projects for IT and is expected to use the following process as defined by our customers. In addition the resident engineer is responsible for the continuous improvement of NetApp’s linkage to these services.
- Windows: good knowledge of NT, Win2K, Win2K3. Understand share and NTFS security concepts.
- Unix: good knowledge of Berkeley, Linux, and/or System V Unix system administration concepts including disk and network administration, NFS and NIS/NIS+ administration
- Networking: knowledge of Ethernet, IP, DNS and NIS associated daemons. Knowledge of network architectures including hubs, repeaters, bridges, routers, and switches.
- FCP / SAN technologies – Switches and directors
- Storage: knowledge of storage administration and the concepts of file systems, disk partitions, mounts, quotas, mirroring and sizing.
- Expert knowledge of NAS, DAS, SAN (fabric attached architectures).
- Expert with storage sizing, performance and high availability
- Strong Experience with Data ONTAP configuration and tuning.
- Operational experience with NetApp’s Manageability Software (Operations Manager, Provisioning Manager, Protection Manager)
- Working knowledge of SanScreen product with the ability to configure and update.
The fact is that NetApp Storage Consultants are in high demand.
For the past 15 years, OEMs, VARs and Enterprise IT organizations trust Entelligence with their storage and virtualization projects. Entelligence consultants have performed thousands of engagements in the world's biggest and cutting edge data centers for companies like NetApp, HDS, EMC, Dell, VMware, CommVault, Citrix and others.
The secret is our award winning Enterprise Services Protocol - or ESP. It's a continuous system of hiring, training and development that helps unleash the power and potential of every consultant we hire.
That's why you want to put your career in the hands of Entelligence.
Entelligence consultants work on the best projects in the largest data centers in the world, and report more career satisfaction than anywhere else. It's the reason why we have a 90% retention rate for our employees and why we're #1 in customer satisfaction year after year.
For qualified NetApp candidates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entelligence, LLC - 9 months ago