Network & Applications Performance Engineers
As a Consulting Engineer, your area of focus will be modeling cutting-edge telecommunications systems for our clients. Using your software engineering and analytical skills, you will research, design, and develop telecommunication protocol and device models in the OPNET simulation environment. Additionally, you will debug and validate these models, perform simulation studies and analyses, prepare model documentation, and lead or participate in technical meetings both at OPNET and client sites to present your models and simulation results. You will work closely with leading communications technology experts and be continuously exposed to exciting new developments in the networking field.
Here is what you should bring to the table:
- Eligibility to obtain a US security clearance
- Thorough knowledge of software engineering, programming languages (C/C++), object-oriented design and UNIX
- BS in electrical engineering, computer science, systems engineering or a related field with a background in network modeling, simulation and operations research
- Experience with process modeling in OPNET Modeler
- Broad-based communications network background in technologies (including Wireless, ATM , IP, MPLS , Frame Relay, etc.), services, and hardware
- Strong technical and oral/written communication skills are important as the individual will produce functional specifications, interact with vendors and interface with clients
- A can-do attitude and a serious desire to have an impact on your company and the industry
What OPNET Can Offer You!
We’re a group of overachievers and we want more people like ourselves.
If you join us, we’ll reward you for your skills, your ideas,
and your drive by providing you with an environment where challenge,
teamwork, and an opportunity to make a real difference happen
OPNET Technologies - 14 months ago