Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming "born again" thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU’s Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Network Administrator will be responsible for performing network support and administration duties, and working on network projects, as assigned. This administrator/engineer will work within a team environment and follow the spiritual beliefs through daily work habits.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supports and provides system administration tasks of Linux based systems, including DNS/DHCP.
2. Supports and provides routine administration of the University’s telecommunications infrastructure.
3. Installs, configures, and resolves problems with wired and wireless Ethernet hardware, routers, firewalls and WAN equipment.
4. Provides primary support for remote centers, including network connectivity related to LAN/WAN/VoIP.
5. Supports and provides routine administration of the university’s Wireless and VoIP infrastructure.
6. Assists with administration of one or more of the following systems as assigned; Windows Servers (2003/2008), ISA server, Exchange Server, Citrix, VMware and iSCSI SAN.
7. Assists with data protection and disaster recovery by performing common tasks in Enterprise Backup software, such as backups, restores, data aging, and tape rotation.
8. Assists with administration of Windows Active Directory, Group Policy(DHCP, DNS, RADIUS).
9. Provides upgrades for VoIP servers, routers, switches, firewalls at remote centers and makes recommendations to Network manager based on need and best practice.
10. Monitors remote centers including firewall logs, network connectivity, and bandwidth utilization. Runs monthly Orion reports to observe over/under bandwidth utilization.
11. Ensures any changes made to systems, including remote centers is thoroughly documented and performed within a day or two in central knowledge base wiki.
12. Learn new technologies and/or obtain certifications as technologies are added and replaced. Recommends updates, provides quotes, interfaces with vendors as needed.
13. Provides high quality results in completing work orders, trouble tickets, service requests, and network projects, which includes independent research, planning and troubleshooting.
14. Assists with miscellaneous tasks shared by IT Support team, such as transporting & installing equipment, researching new technology, etc.
15. Provides 24x7 on-call network support based on a rotating schedule shared among the team. Assists with monthly maintenance windows to ensure servers are up-to-date and performing optimally.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
BS degree and one or more professional network certifications required.
Recent work experience as a Network Administrator/Engineer in a Microsoft network environment required.
Excellent time management skills and ability to balance multiple priorities.
Unix/Linux administration strongly preferred.
Strong customer service and communication skills in person, over the phone, and in writing.
Ability to self-start, correctly prioritize issues, and find solutions to problems in unfamiliar situations with little or no assistance.
Strong knowledge of wired/wireless networking and telecommunications hardware and software.
Experience with open-source technologies and Linux-based servers desirable.
Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager or System Center Operations Manager desirable.
Experience with network performance, optimization, and monitoring desirable.
Nature of Work Environment
1.Tasks involve the ability to exert moderate physical effort in sedentary to moderate work. This may involve some
lifting, carrying, moving, pushing and/or pulling of objects/materials of moderate weight (up to 50 pounds)
2. Work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends
3. Periodic local and regional travel is expected (approximately 10%)
4. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation
Colorado Christian University - 2 years ago