Looking for a career working with computers? This
position is a great starting point. Check it out!
Our Network Administrators provide technical assistance
to users of the telecommunications sytem and the
computer network on problems and related projects. In
this role, you would assist with the operation of the
computer network, the telecommunications network, and
from Computer Support Specialist or other staff as
- Handle second-line support issues (issues escalated
appropriate) for data, networking, or
telecommunication problems and appropriately
communicates the actions to resolve issues.
problem cannot be resolved.
- Contact the appropriate vendor for service when a
Information Systems staff and/or the AVP of
- Escalate unresolved support issues to appropriate
- Responsible for creating and deleting users from all
coordinated with appropriate Information Systems
- Administration of network rights structure will be
staff and/or the AVP of Information Systems and administration
of core system rights will be coordinated with the
appropriate Credit Union department and with the AVP
of Information Systems.
PCs, PC peripheral equipment (monitors, printers,
- Responsible for installation and configuration of
signature pads, scanners, and other PC-attached
devices), and PC software. This includes the
maintenance of appropriate configuration images for
PCs, and a basic inventory of all hardware and
software on the network PCs. This will also include
the maintenance of security hardening guides for
these systems and the consistent application of the
security rules in system configurations.
Information Systems functions. May also develop
- Develop software applications used to automate
software applications to meet specific needs such as
the collection, tracking, and reporting of
enhancements to PCs either through hardware,
- Perform database administration as needed.
- Evaluate, test, and recommend upgrades and/or
software, or operating upgrades, performing such
upgrades after receiving approval from supervisor.
pertinent information and records.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of
software, hardware, and network vendors to ensure
- Maintain professional relationships with all
timely corrections and new enhancements.
to hardware or software upgrades.
- Relay all major system upgrades to supervisor.
- Train staff on network applications as they relate
maintenance of network servers, networking
- Assist with the installation, configuration, and
equipment, and telecommunications equipment.
is available to all users and resolves communication
- Monitor telephone system to ensure that the system
backups on all systems.
- Perform required steps to execute and monitor
- Assist with software upgrades on all systems.
- High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent.
- Prefer college course work in related field
- Prefer technical training in related field
- Minimum of four years' experience in related field.
- Basic understanding of computers, ability to trouble
nights and weekends
- Ability to work flexible hours, including late
- Working knowledge of financial institution policies
calculator by sight, verbal and written
- Basic math/accounting skills, light typing, 10-key
communication skills, research and problem solving
- Strong logical ability
- Knowledge of networking, PC and databases.
A+ Federal Credit Union - 14 months ago
A+ Federal Credit Union was founded in 1949 by a group of 50 teachers during a picnic meeting at Zilker Park in Austin.