The Network Administrator III is responsible for designing, engineering, implementing and supporting the overall desktop, server, storage, and network architecture for the organization. This position includes providing technical guidance and mentorship to Help Desk and Network Administration functions within IT. Responsible for the planning, maintenance, and administration of enterprise servers, mail systems, databases, web services, firewalls and the core network infrastructure.
The Network Administrator III will also work on various Information Technology (IT) projects as needed.
Designs, engineers, implements, and supports the overall desktop, server and network architecture for the company.
Develops, trains and practices systems administration procedures that enhance and maintain a stable computing environment.
Thorough knowledge of the server, network and application architectures.
Thorough knowledge of the business and the organizational group’s functions and business processes.
Minimize server and network downtimes.
Document critical applications and systems in accordance to IT standards and procedures.
Research new technologies and identify opportunities for positive impact on the organization.
Resolves Tier 2 problems/issues and requests in accordance to a defined incident management process and service level agreements.
Provide technical guidance and mentorship to Tier 2 and Tier1 support personnel.
Participate in root cause analysis and help develop action plans to rectify issues.
Assist setting hardware/software standards.
Understand the technical aspects of desktop standards deployed across the organization.
Assist in the process for deploying standard configurations to the desktop.
Design, engineer, implement and maintain DHCP, DNS, Exchange, File/Print Server and Active Directory implementations.
Design, engineer, implement and maintain SAN infrastructure.
Design, engineer, implement and maintain VMware virtualization infrastructure.
Design, engineer, implement and maintain enterprise solutions deployed through the web.
Provide routine maintenance and administration on enterprise servers, mail systems, and databases.
Evaluate system performance on servers, take corrective action and make recommendations for improvements.
Document system configurations and procedures.
Network & Security Administration
Design, engineer, implement and maintain data solutions to meet the business needs of the company.
Provide Tier 2 support on all on all switching and routing issues
Upgrade software in switches, routers, remote-access system when appropriate.
Maintain routers and switches that are secured according to IT standards.
Measures and track performance of Internet connections and VPNs.
Develop network monitoring tools, to assess the health of network and to determine problems with the network.
Keep current with emerging security alerts and issues.
Troubleshoot tier 2 remote access problems with VPN users.
Maintain firewall security policies on firewalls.
Maintain OS patches and software upgrades of firewalls.
Ensure that networks are protected from any security vulnerabilities.
Document system configurations and processes.
Work with other members of IT to help troubleshoot network issues for
customers, employees and intra-office.
Maintain security policy documents and change control documents.
Design, engineer, implement and maintain DR/BI solutions utilizing SAN and virtualization technologies.
Design, engineer, implement and maintain an enterprise backup solution.
Assist in business continuity planning and implementation of the plan.
Phone System Administration
Understand the technical architecture of the phone system and provide Tier 2 backup support when needed.
Budgeting, Managerial and Administration
Research and provide technical specifications for IT purchases.
Help develop business cases for IT infrastructure and application projects.
Assist with end user documentation to be shared with employees.
Provides technical assistance and guidance to network and help desk staff.
This is full time position with full benefits reporting daily Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm (with rotating on-call duties) to our headquarters at 717 Yosemite Street in Denver. Starting annual salary ranges from $62,768 to $77,197 depending on experience.
High School diploma or equivalent required
Bachelors degree in IS preferred
MCSE or CCNA Certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 10 years IT experience in small to medium sized organizations of 400+ nodes, preferred.
- 7 years experience designing, administering, and implementing Exchange deployments, preferred.
- 7 years experience designing, administering, and implementing Windows or Citrix server deployments, preferred.
- 7 years experience administering Microsoft SQL or Oracle database solutions, preferred.
- 7 years experience deploying desktop solutions in a Macintosh/PC or cross platform environment, preferred.
- 7 years experience administering TCP/IP networks, preferred.
- 3 years experience implementing Active Directory and/or LDAP services, preferred.
- Experience designing solutions based on the needs of the organization.
- Customer Focused: Driven to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Achievement Orientation: Measures performance; improves outcomes; sets challenging goals.
- Impact and Influence: uses direct persuasion: facts, figures; provides information tailored to audience; shows concern with professional reputation.
- Conceptual Thinking: recognizes key actions, underlying problems; makes connections and patterns.
- Analytical Thinking: anticipates obstacles; breaks problems apart systematically; makes logical conclusions; sees consequences, implications.
- Initiative: persists in problem solving; address problems before being asked to.
- Teamwork and Cooperation: brainstorms, solicits input, and credits others, supports decisions made at team level.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. We participate in the SSA/DHS E-Verify program. To read employee rights and responsibilities under the family and medical leave act, go to
Bonfils Blood Center - 15 months ago