The Network Administrator III will ensure the integrity and stability of all data and storage networking based services. This will be achieved through participating in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, and support, of all WAN, LAN, Internet, wireless, data center and storage interconnect networks, as well as communication links and associated hardware and software. As a member of a team that provides operational support for an enterprise class healthcare organization, the Network Administrator III must be willing and capable of performing hands on data and storage network management activities. Success in this role requires technical knowledge and experience, organizational skills and an eagerness to do whatever it takes to get the job done effectively and efficiently while continually challenging and improving the status quo.
Perform analysis & trending of data and storage network resource use and escalates potential issues to Sr. members of the team.
Maintains and audits all documentation as it relates to configuration, processes, service records, asset inventories, topologies, administration manuals, job instructions, support contacts etc.
May research and execute data and storage network performance tuning and optimization activities under the guidance of Sr. team members.
Ensures timely fulfillment of request tasks received from other IT & business groups in accordance with OLAs.
Participates in infrastructure maintenance & refresh activities as defined by the network maintenance calendar.
Responds to, resolves and minimizes adverse impacts to the business caused by errors in the IT infrastructure and may assist with actions to prevent recurrence of incidents related to those errors.
Performs ongoing monitoring, and reporting of current resource utilization levels, and errors in the data and storage networking environment.
Practices asset management, including maintenance of component asset inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
Maintains an awareness of current security threats, vulnerabilities, risks and associated technical countermeasures and security best practices.
Supports and adheres to all NAMM System's compliance and information security policies, practices, and procedures, including the handling of systems and data.
4-6 years of proven data and storage network enterprise services infrastructure support and implementation experience.
Exposure to information processing principles, practices and demonstrated experience troubleshooting and resolving data and storage network problems and errors.
Works under guidance and supervision of more senior network operations staff.
Relies on experience and guidance to perform job duties.
Previous experience in enterprise class healthcare organizations is strongly preferred.
Demonstrates a basic understanding of fundamental security concepts and security responsibilities.
Exposure to HIPAA and PCI data privacy practices.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Exposure to many of the following IT technologies and disciplines including networking, wintel architectures, *NIX, SAN, and enterprise healthcare class applications.
Ordering, provisioning, turn up and troubleshooting of enterprise class telecommunication lines (Metro-E, DS-3, OC-3 etc.)
Solid theoretical knowledge and hands on experience configuring, troubleshooting, and managing many of the following software’s, protocols and technologies:
- SAN switches & directors, routers, switches, load balancers, network security appliances, WAN accelerators, and intelligent port aggregators and taps.
- SAN interconnections: FCP, ISL, E_Port, ELS, CHC, RSCN, FAIS, multipath, zoning, LUN masking, WWN, SNS.
- Switching- L2 fundamentals, iVLANs, 802.1q, 802.1w, 802.1d, Link and Port aggregation, SPAN, RSPAN, ERSPAN, CEF.
- Routing- Routing fundamentals, BGP, EIGRP & OSPF, route filtering, summarization, routing protocol and routing convergence fundamentals.
- Security controls- DHCP snooping, RPF, PVLAN, DAI, IPSG, ACLs, RACLs
- Secure appliances (Firewall, IPS, VPN, etc), TACACS+ , RADIUS, LDAP, PKI
- VPN & RAS- IPSec w/ GRE, DMVPN, DVI, SSL VPN, GRE, mGRE and other RASs
- HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
- Wireless- RF Fundamentals, RRM, Roaming, 802.11a/b/g/n, WEP,Cisco LEAP, WPA/WPA2, EAP-Fast, EAP-TLS, PEAP, RADIUS, LDAP authentication.
- Network Management- SNMP, RMON, Netflow, Syslog, enterprise class network management/monitoring systems (HP Openview, CA, NetQoS etc.), protocol analyzers.
Candidate must be a determined, positive and versatile individual that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Keen attention to detail and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Good written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
Strong organization capabilities.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Team-oriented and collaborative approach.
NAMM North America Medical Management - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard