The Network Administrator Intern completes duties in alignment with Newpark’s overall mission and vision by completing network and phone system development and support tasks as assigned by senior staff. The position requires collaboration of effort, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment, accountability, and ownership.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Perform research and data integrity tasks on Cisco Voice/LAN/WAN Infrastructure and create documentation that accurately captures software/hardware revisions and configurations.
2. Assist with Cisco Call Manager adds, moves and changes for phone system users at the corporate offices.
3. Work with Network Admins on optimizing Orion Network Performance Monitoring platform to insure all sites are entered and correctly configured.
4. Work with Network Admins on configuring Orion IP Address Monitoring platform to include DHCP scopes, public IP ranges and private subnets.
5. Assist Network Team on resolving issues with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and Telco carriers related to Newpark global network locations.
6. Monitor and analyze network firewall logs and alerts across global LAN/WAN. Gather and document data as requested by Network Admins.
7. Perform lab testing on voice and network equipment configurations as directed by Network Admins.
Newpark Resources, Inc. - 6 months ago