Central Research is a highly professional, team-oriented organization. We value commitment, openness to learning, diligence and self-motivation in prospective employees. Great opportunity to start work with a small business and grow with us! All applicants must be able to pass a background check, U.S. Government Security Clearance Investigation, and pre-employment drug test.
TO APPLY TO THIS JOB POSTING, PLEASE GO TO OUR WEBSITE
Position Title: Network Administrator
Reports To: Information Technology Director
Purpose and Scope
Under general direction designs, supports, maintains, and evaluates computer networking and telecommunication systems; installs, configures, and maintains both physical and virtual computer servers; maintains employee network, e-mail and card key access accounts; performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, training and special projects; plans, designs and implements data connectivity for local area network (LAN).
- Assists in installing, designing, configuring, and maintaining system hardware and software; analyzes and troubleshoots the network logs and tracks the nature and resolution of problems; monitors usage to ensure security of data and access privileges; installs, supports and maintains both physical and virtual network servers and appliances.
- Assists in providing network and remote connectivity hardware/software support; maintains LAN user documentation including hardware/software applications; researches and recommends network and server hardware and software.
- Assists in planning, coordinating and consulting with vendors and clients for hardware and software purchases; recommends and specifies the purchase of related products and services; keeps current regarding new technology for system enhancements.
- Performing analysis of network security needs and contribute to the design, integration, and installation of hardware and software; ensuring network communications across the security perimeter adhere to security policies.
- Draft and maintain all standard operating procedures related to server and networktechnology as well as documentation on network and IT processes.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Work independently and in collaboration with others to evaluate, manage, research, repair, maintain, design, and evolve the computer network.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Knowledge and experience designing, implementing and managing Microsoft Active Directory and Windows (2008/2003) server technology.
- Knowledge and experience designing, implementing and managing Microsoft SQL servers and supporting databases. Ability to write queries and scripts highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Exchange or Google Apps for Business.
- Knowledge and experience implementing, managing and supporting VMWare technology.
- Knowledge and experience structuring, installing and managing information security systems including SonicWall firewalls and VPNs, as well as securing and monitoring FTP/Web servers.
- Knowledge and experience managing and supporting backup and disaster recovery technology.
- Excellent documentation, interpersonal and communication skills in both oral and written form are required to interface with other employees who are both technical and nontechnical.
- Ability to learn new software and hardware packages and adapt to changes in technology.
- Ability to prioritize requests, organize, and coordinate a variety of activities and projects.
- Strong organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills with an emphasis on attention to details.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Five or more years’ experience in Network Administration
- Industry Standard Certifications highly desired.
"A Service Connected Disabled Veteran Owned Business"
506 Enterprise Dr, Suite 200
Lowell, AR 72745
*Veterans Highly Encouraged to Apply*
Central Research is a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employer.
Central Research - 30+ days ago
We are an award winning small business located in Northwest Arkansas. We provide contract support services to state and federal government a...