This person's primary responsibility will be to ensure a high degree of availability of network and systems by: using best practices for architecture and design of network and systems infrastructure, periodically reviewing and improving design standards to ensure current advances in technology are being used, as well improving redundancy and maximizing uptime of all enterprise systems. Provide technical leadership and hands-on architecture, design and development across multiple technologies and platforms. Provide mentoring, coaching and technical leadership to the service desk team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Position Impact: minimizes downtime of systems and network infrastructure by ensuring maximum system performance, successfully implements new technology infrastructure, and maintains documentation of all new technology as well as creating documentation for undocumented legacy systems.
- Perform system analysis, and reporting of multiple systems including Windows 200x, Windows AD, Exchange, Citrix, VMware Infrastructure III, and IBM nSeries SAN
- Document new architecture and design standards for the North American and as well documentation of legacy systems. Maintain these documents on ongoing bases ensuring accuracy.
- Apply system analysis techniques when troubleshooting system outages and or service degradation situations.
- Working with external vendors and internal business units select hardware and software products that ensure data quality, consistency, integrity, security and availability of KSNA systems
- Work with network/system vendors to determine future direction and availability of technology
- Develop business case and perform cost/benefit analysis for all infrastructure systems proposed to KSNA
- Remain abreast of industry standards and best practices for infrastructure technologies, analyze potential impact on company systems and inform management of actions needed or other recommendations
- Lead specification, procurement, design, deployment and upgrades of network/system infrastructure such as: WAN/LAN/SAN/E-Mail/File Systems
- Build SCCM packages for deployment to all KSNA and KSSA client systems. Ensure all deployments meet quality standards for stability and use.
- Train and Mentor Service Desk staff on new technologies and upgrades
- Completes special projects and priorities as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- CCNA or MCSE Certifications preferred
- CompTia Certification in one of the following: Network+, Security+, Unix/Linux+
- Experience with Windows 200x, Windows AD, Exchange, Citrix, VMware Infrastructure III, IBM i5 Series Operating Systems and IBM nSeries SAN
- Full knowledge of TCP/IP and network hardware devices including Routers, Switches, AP, and VPN Concentrators
- Proven process analysis and improvement skills
- Excellent coordination and negotiation skills
- Extensive problem solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, organizational & interpersonal skills
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline required
- 5+years of related work experience required (preferably in a large fast-paced business environment), engineering WANS/LANS, distributed enterprise computing solutions, and multiple OS platforms (UNIX, Microsoft, Macintosh, Linux)
- Proven ability to self-manage, motivate and lead others, especially during times of distress and project management.
- Experience managing process related projects with impact on revenue or expenses
- Excellent Communication skills (Written, Verbal, and Presentation) with ability to sell concepts and ideas to a diverse range of internal and external customers
About the Company:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 3 weeks vacation plus sick days
- 401K plus company match
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement (Up to $5,250 per year)
- KARL STORZ University and other training and development programs.
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- And much more!
As the largest privately held medical device company in the world, KARL STORZ has achieved global preeminence in endoscopes and medical imaging devices used in minimally invasive surgery . KARL STORZ Imaging in Goleta, CA designs develops manufactures and services advanced video imaging systems and accessories.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, click on the below link which will take you directly to our website to complete an on-line application. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation verifying your application has been received.
KARL STORZ - 24 months ago