The Network Administrator for LP Innovations, Inc. (LPI) will be responsible for assisting with the design, implementation, maintainance and enhancement of the network infrastructure and will provide day-to-day hands on support to the organization’s end user and applications. The Network Administrator will also troubleshoot network performance issues and create/maintain security and disaster recovery plan.
- Maintain the company’s networks, network devices (firewalls, switches, routers), domains, and active directory
- Manage firewall rules, NAT, and intrusion prevention policies
- Manage private and public DNS, and private DHCP
- Conduct network security assessments and reports
- Workstation Deployments and Printer / Fax Deployments Break/Fix
- Maintain detailed and up-to-date licenses and hardware/software inventory
- Create and maintain IT Department documentation
- Maintain backups, test backups regularly
- Smartphone (iPhone/Android/Blackberry) wireless devices deployment, management, and support
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining security measures / processes to comply with HIPPA, PCI, and 201 CMR 17
- Maintain network to comply with security measures with emphasis on data loss prevention
- Make recommendations regarding new technology, implement technology changes as needed
- Manage DNS and domain registration
- Manage in office and remote inventory
- Fix in office and remote staff equipment issues as needed. Prepare equipment for new hires (includes laptop, phone, printer, scanner, broadband modem).
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues (VPN technologies)
- Manage patch / updates on machines
- Manage backups, create and maintain a disaster recovery plan
- Antivirus Management and Support
- Review logs and maintain logs in compliance with security standards
- Provide network troubleshooting and helpdesk support
- Exchange and SharePoint maintenance
- Manage in office phone system
- Vendor management
- Ship replacement equipment to remote users
- LAN / WAN experience necessary (knowledge of network protocols and troubleshooting)
- Networking Certifications preferred (MCSE Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer). A+ and Network+ preferred. Security+ and CCNP preferred, CCSP a plus
- Experience with networking operating systems including Server 2008 R2, Server 2003, and Linux and MAC OSX; MS Exchange, Virtualization and VoIP systems; Group Policy, WSUS; Wireless and mobile devices.
- Minimum of five years successful experience managing computers, networks and working in an Active Directory environment.
- BS Computer Science or technical equivalent.
- Emphasis on customer service skills, with the ability to work together with remote user base in field offices when troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Willing to resolve any and all IT related issues as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Must be within the Milford, MA area.
Indeed - 14 months ago