USIS | LABAT , an Altegrity company, is a leading federal security solution provider that supports National Security initiatives around the globe for over 15 years with more than 6,600 employees working in all 50 states and overseas. We offer state-of-the-art solutions in Construction Surveillance, Intel Analysis, Physical/Personnel/Facility Security, Investigative Analytics, Security Analytics, Counter-Surveillance, Personal Security, Infrastructure Protection, Litigation Support, Records Management, Cyber/Forensics, Training & Law Enforcement, and Immigration Investigation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Administrator in Washington, DC.
This project requires technical assistance for the in-house support staff on incidents and issues not resolved or not within the scope of the help desk support. They will also provide documentation of implemented changes and resolution of troubleshooting issues that they are involved in. The role and responsibility of the technical support personnel include, but is not be limited to the following:
- Resolving network configuration issues that negatively impact the functionality or performance of desktop systems.
- Installation, expansion and upgrade of the current networking environment.
- Troubleshooting of networking issues including problems with level 2 and level 3 routing, multicast routing, configuration management and performance.
- Recommending, requesting and tracking the implementation of firewall policy changes.
- Monitor all network equipment.
- Assisting in-house support staff with provisioning and installing government furnished networking equipment.
- Performance of or assistance with routine system preventive maintenance activities.
- Development and maintenance of network operations procedures manuals and documentation.
- Participation in the Division configuration management process and documentation of changes needing review by the Change Control Board.
- Compliance with required staff computer security awareness training and certification.
One to two years experience in the design, installation, testing, debugging, modification and maintenance of local area networks will be expected. Two years technical training in computers or graduation from an accredited computer training institute. Significant experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
Extensive general networking experience and specific experience with Cisco, Extreme Networks and other network vendors’ equipment and utilities.
Experience developing and implementing monitoring solutions to manage network and server equipment including proper operation of basic services, such as ICMP responses and time, and high level services and applications, such as email, web services and database services.
Experience configuring and utilizing general utility processes such as syslog and backup utilities.
Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a security clearance.
Demonstrate experience in data communications and related hardware, such as NIC cards, encryption devices and multiplexers. Knowledge of litigation support and litigation support helpful. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
USIS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening required. All resumes are held in confidence. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. No faxes please. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
Labat - 2 years ago