The Senior Network Administrator will primarily be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining LitePoint’s global WAN / LAN network infrastructure for both data and voice communications. The qualified candidate will oversee our global network, enforce LAN/WAN security policy, perform hands-on multi-site network administration, and provide guidance to other network/system engineers in China and Taiwan.
Proven experience with 10+ years of IT operations with minimal of 6 years of global network management:
Oversee LitePoint global network infrastructure – design, analyze, implement secure measures in a project-oriented team comprised of both IT and Information Security professionals
- Must have: experience with SonicWall, Juniper, or CheckPoint firewall management& IPS/IDS configurations. SonicWall knowledge preferred
- Must have : demonstrated experience in implementing LAN/WAN security
- Must have: HP switches and Cisco IOS – router & switch ACL & configurations
- Must have: layer-3 switching and inter-VLAN routing with Cisco, SMC, and HP switches
- Must have : experience implementing routing and redundancy protocols
- Must have: firewall and international site-to-site VPN administration. SonicWall knowledge preferred.
- Must have: sound understanding of fiber Channel and iSCSI Channel configuration
- Must have: experience in implementing & supporting PBX and voice SIP network. Experience with Astrisk PBX system highly desirable
- Must have: ability to work independently on fault detection, analysis,& resolution with minimal supervision as a team member and perform network project implementation / deployment as project lead.
- Must have : strong verbal & written communication skills and ability to interface with users at all levels of the company across different time zones.
- Desirable: virtualization –VMware, ESXi Server installation & configuration
- Desirable: Citrix XenServer implementation (VDI, published applications, branch repeater, and Secure Access Gateway)
Perform day-to-day network maintenance functions, including WAN/LAN monitoring, configurations, & network security enforcement
Perform PBX and VoIP administration, desk phone & user account setup, and dial plan maintenance. Troubleshoot voice quality as required
Research and recommend new network designs and technologies to enhance overall network performance and security
Monitor & automate global LAN/WAN alert notifications. Provide reports & trending analysis on voice / data performance, latency, bandwidth utilization with sniffer, network monitoring tools, and NAC
Develop and document data/voice LAN / WAN topologies, IP schemes, vendor services.
Assist with administration of the storage area network (SAN) & Citrix technology
Cross train peers in network administration & fault resolution skills
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Education Required
LitePoint is the leading provider of test solutions for the world's leading manufacturers of wireless modules and consumer electronics including smart phones, tablets and PCs. We are a Silicon Valley company founded in 2000 and our products have been used to optimize and verify the operation of over 1.75 billion wireless devices worldwide. In 2011 LitePoint was acquired by Teradyne, the leading supplier of automated test equipment used to test semiconductors, wireless products, data storage and complex electronic systems. In 2011, Teradyne had sales of $1.4 billion and employs approximately 3,200 people worldwide
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field
- 10+ years in IT system and/or network operations
- Minimal 6 years as a network administrator, engineer, or architect
- Desired certifications: CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, CISSP
Position Subject to ITAR controls No
LitePoint - 20 months ago