We want to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. To meet this goal, we are creating a workplace where our employees are top priority. Come join our team as a Junior Network Administrator at our Denver, CO location.
This individual will act primarily as second level support for the IT Network Team and have at least 3 years experience supporting, implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting various network systems that include: Cisco Routers, Cisco switches, Cisco VoIP, Cisco Wireless and Cisco WaaS.
Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco VoIP, WaaS, WAN circuits, CiscoSecure ACS, Cisco Clean Access,
- Tier two support for all network services including but not limited to:
- Understanding of network standards and practices including: OSI Model, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, QoS and MPLS.
- Understanding of Layer 1 and 2 protocols such as: T-1, DS3, Ethernet, Switching, VLAN’s, HSRP and STP.
- Performs routine system administration and maintenance on local and remote hardware/software.
- Understanding of Change Management.
- Work with peers to analyze network problems and identify solutions.
- Ability to maintain up-to-date documentation of network systems, proficient with Visio.
Additional experience that is desired(no requirement for below):
- 4 year degree
- Current CCNA or equivilant experience in routing, switching and security. Background as an administrator in small to medium Cisco based LAN/WAN and security.
- Experience working in mid-size network operation centers or multi-site networks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solarwinds Orion
- Cisco WaaS
- Familiar with OSPF and BGP
- Cisco Clean Access
- Cisco VoIP
- Cisco Wireless
This position requires sitting throughout most of the day. It will involve some lifting and filing.
On occasion there will be outside office assignments that can involve walking around construction sites, industrial locations, field and/or wooded areas.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often exposed to outside weather conditions, which could range from extreme cold to hot, humid conditions. Walking on uneven terrain is often required during normal work duties. May require visiting and walking around some construction and industrial sites, farm properties, driving on rural roads, and other field locations, to acquire familiarity with facilities, properties and settings. High noise areas may be encountered. At all times proper PPE must be used in work areas.
Materials and Equipment Used:
The materials and equipment used on a regular basis will be a personal computer, phone, fax, copier and map printer/plotter.
MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P. is a master limited partnership engaged in the gathering, transportation, and processing of natural gas; the transportation, fractionation, marketing, and storage of natural gas liquids; and the gathering and transportation of crude oil. MarkWest has extensive natural gas gathering, processing, and transmission operations in the southwest, GulfCoast, and northeast regions of the United States, including the Marcellus Shale, and is the largest natural gas processor in the Appalachian region.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work for the position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. All job descriptions are subject to change. Job functions and/or responsibilities can be amended at any time at management discretion.