The primary role of the Network Administrator is to ensure the stable operation of the network and in-house systems through the proper planning, deployment and monitoring of their components. Network Administrators will also analyze and resolve hardware and software issues in a timely and accurate manner, and provide end user support when needed.
- Plan, deploy, and monitor network components including data circuits, routers, switches, hubs, and other related equipment. Troubleshoot and resolve problems as needed.
- Plan, deploy, and monitor system hardware and software including servers, operating systems, and applications. Troubleshoot and resolve problems as needed.
- Plan, deploy and monitor security systems including Firewalls, IDS, and other security related systems.
- Collaborate with management to assess short and long term capacity needs of the network.
- Create and maintain proper documentation for assigned systems.
- Provide end user support as needed.
- Maintain Inventories as assigned.
- Monitor LAN and WAN performance and prepare usage reports.
- Implement projects as assigned.
- Take steps necessary to maintain expertise in assigned systems.
- Interact with vendors as necessary to ensure department and company objective are met.
- Research and recommend IT solutions to company and department needs.
- Direct or train other members of the department as necessary.
- Maintain current knowledge of disaster recovery plans and executables.
- Respond to emergency network or system outages as required.
- Document all support & Maintenance activity.
- Diligently and consistently follow departmental & organizational policies and procedures.
o Group A
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a network support environment.
- One of the following two groups of certifications or equivalent experience:
§ MCITP with a Windows Server or Enterprise Messaging specialty
o Group B
§ MCTS Exchange Server and MCTS Windows Server 2008
Pacific Western Bank is one of the largest and most successful community banks headquartered in California. Pacific Western Bank serves small and medium-sized businesses and their principals through 76 full-service community banking branches located in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Santa Barbara, San Diego, San Francisco, San Luis Obispo, San Mateo, and Ventura Counties. We have developed a comprehensive suite of products and services and are guided by the highest standards of service, value, integrity and fairness. Our financial strength, stability, and security have us well-positioned to meet our clients banking needs and exceed their expectations.
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles and general network management best practices.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Advanced technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including TCP \ IP, BGP
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Application support experience with IIS or SQL Server.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
So what should you expect working for Pacific Western Bank? A positive, energetic environment where creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and good communication are encouraged. Our employees are recognized and rewarded for superior performance and are given ample opportunity for personal and professional growth. Unlike many large financial institutions, our intimate settings allow our customers and employees to develop relationships and enjoy what has been lost in modern day banking-a genuine caring for the customer and their needs. If your next career move involves a bank with leading products and technology but with traditional notions of customer care and employee relations, you’ve found your next home at Pacific Western Bank.
Amazing Company Culture & Benefits!
At Pacific Western Bank, we treat our customers and our employees like family. Not only do we offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, but we provide advancement opportunities so that you can maximize your potential and grow with us. Our goal is to foster an environment that is inviting, dynamic and fulfilling; a workplace that our people enjoy coming to and thrive in.
Our full suite of benefits include:
Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision Programs Paid time-off and holidays 401(k) with Employer Matching Education/Tuition Reimbursement Flexible Spending Account Disability and Life Insurance Employee Assistance Plan
Join our growing and exciting organization! Apply Today!
Monster - 2 years ago
We are not like other banks. At Pacific Western Bank, relationship banking is not the exception, but the rule.
For over 30 years we've...