Scope of Position
- To administer and oversee network/server design, implementation, documentation and troubleshooting.
- To administer and oversee data backup/restore design, implementation, documentation and troubleshooting.
- To develop and maintain business continuity/disaster recovery for network, servers and data.
- Coordinate with vendors to implement, upgrade and maintain systems.
This is the entry level position within the Network Administrator series. Work at this level provides the opportunity to refine the basic skills gained through education and limited work experience. It allows an opportunity to acquire additional skills through experience in order to qualify for advancement to the intermediate level. Work assignments will tend to be narrower in scope, smaller in scale, and less complex than assignments in the intermediate level position.
The main areas are:
- 50% Network projects
- Coordinates IT involvement in network projects
- Documents projects, and audits the progress of network projects
- 40% Support and Installation
- Works with IT Manager/Technical Support to ensure that network hardware and software needs are met within the organization
- Installs network software and related patches, and hardware
- Maintains servers, resolves problems, and update and or review all IT related items.
applications work properly with the network
- Server disc utilization
- Server backups
- Server virus updates
- Server downtime
- Service contracts
- Network hardware inventory
- Network Security
- Network/Server Business continuity
- Works closely with all departments to ensure all LAN needs are met
- Oversees day-to-day network support, to ensure network printing, and software
and IT documentation
- Provides training to users on how to use network
- Troubleshoots for remote users
- Performs technical support for both network and data communications
- Creates and maintains hardware, software and data communications inventory logs
software to provide effective, reliable, and dependable solutions to the organization.
- Ensure that the latest virus programs and OAT file are loaded on all servers
- Resolves help desk issues for the Network Technician
- Creation and maintenance of related documentation as it relates to networking
- Troubleshooting of network software
- Researches, recommends, and implements the acquisition of network hardware and
- Stays current with industry trends to keep the company at the forefront of hardware.
- Resolves issues of network and server hardware problems with PHN departments
- 10% Maintains, troubleshoot and repair servers and networks
- Maintains Network Administrator training manual
- Backups IT department as needed
- Assists IT management in developing the IT budget
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Posses significant initiative and organizational skills
- There may be 2 to 3 business trips annually.
- Must be available for after hours work as needed to support operational needs.
- Attend technical conferences and seminars to abreast of new software and hardware developments
- Basic knowledge of various hardware platforms
- Basic knowledge of network operating systems
- Basic knowledge of computer basics
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Server and NovellE-Directory
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Basic knowledge of network security
- Basic knowledge of remote networking
- Advanced knowledge of office applications
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
- Managed care experience
- Computer Science or Technical degree in Information Technology
- Have 1 to 3 years IT networking experience
o Network+ Certification
o A+ Certification
Physical Demands/Working Conditons
- To move workstations, servers, monitors, battery backups, must be able to pick up 100 lbs
The Peoples Health Perspective on Employees
In the face of continued growth, our local roots help us maintain a warm and friendly...