Tableau Software is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world, with nearly 100% annual sales growth. Tableau makes fast analytics and visualization products that help people see and understand data of any size or format. The company is on its way to becoming a large, market-defining company in the business intelligence industry and is next in a long line of high profile Stanford spinouts (e.g., Google, Yahoo, VMWare). Customers of all sizes use our products, from Fortune 500 companies, to video game designers, to scientists in the jungles of Central America, to high school principals. Our software is for anyone with data and questions! Additionally, Tableau’s web products ( www.tableaupublic.com ) are used by bloggers, journalists, and major media web sites to share data online as interactive visualizations. Check out our products at: www.tableausoftware.com/product|
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
As part of the Tableau Corporate IT infrastructure team, you will provide day-to-day support for the networking infrastructure utilized by all customers (internal and external). Implementing, upgrading and supporting a highly-available fault-tolerant network will be expected. Beyond this, the position will also include interacting with all other groups within the company, partners and providers/vendors. Responsibilities may include carrying an on-call pager and/or cell phone.
The successful candidate is an eager, self-motivated team player who consistently follows through to completion and is willing to learn and do whatever it takes to get things done. Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
Who you are…
- Install, configure, maintain network services, equipment and devices
- On-going management (i.e. data collection, resource forecasting, etc.) of existing corporate computing infrastructure
- Management and troubleshooting of corporate network infrastructure as required to maintain optimal performance for end-users across multiple geographies and offices, escalating to vendor support as appropriate and driving to resolution
- Network and system security corporate-wide across multiple geographies and offices
- Generate and maintain documentation relating to network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation
- Meet financial requirements by submitting information for budget forecasts
To learn more about Tableau’s mission, please visit: http://mission.tableausoftware.com
- Experienced . You have 2+ years experience provisioning, managing and supporting increasingly complex network infrastructures on a 7x24 basis
- Educated . You have a two-year technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Highly Technical . You are proficient in several of the following products and technologies: network software, security, and appliances; routing protocols; TCP/IP networking; network management tools
- Domain . You have knowledge of networking essentials and have a strong ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor network issues (WAN, LAN)
- Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Tableau - 10 months ago