Purpose of Position:
The Network Administrator's role is to design, install, administer, and optimize company servers (both physical and virtual) and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications supported by tuning the servers as necessary. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment.
• Support for all servers in the enterprise including:
o Storage and Backup
• Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions.
• Windows , Linux, and VMWare Servers
• Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
• Where applicable, the Network Administrator will assist in overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server farm.
• Applying updates, patches, and configuration changes.
• Monitor all servers in the enterprise.
• Proactive remediation of failing components and systems to prevent outages and interruptions.
• Responding to and resolving service outages and interruptions.
• Troubleshooting any reported problems.
• The person will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
• Create and maintain technical documentation to insure efficient planning and execution
• Be willing and available for on-call support.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• 3+ years of experience in Computer Operations required.
• 3+ years of experience in Desktop Delivery services including Operating Systems, Applications, and Patch Management.
• 3+ years of experience with software systems such as:
o Microsoft Technologies including SCCM and SCVMM
o Citrix Technologies
o Virtualization Technologies
o Enterprise Desktop and Application Deployments
• 3+ years of experience with storage systems such as:
o Windows Storage Server
• Experience with network administration as well as systems administration, preferred.
• Networking and storage protocol standards: SCSI, FC, iSCSI
• Able to support development standards
• Self-starter that can work well in a team environment
• Proactive issue resolution with a positive attitude
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with teams across organizational lines
• Demonstrate well-developed organizational skills, analytical skills, verbal and written communication
• Must be able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities.
• An understanding of medical insurance is a plus.
• On-site regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job
• B.S. degree or above in Computer Science or equivalent experience is highly preferred
Word & Brown Companies - 5 months ago