The Network Analyst develops, administers, and supports the enterprise network systems. The responsibilities for this position include network design, technology evaluations, network architecture, topology development, and system specifications. Other responsibilities include network monitoring, performance analysis, customer support, and fault / problem management.
• Provide support in establishing and maintaining the procedures for the Networks.
• Work with process teams to test and refine network configurations.
• Regularly interact with management, technical support, development support and Client Support.
• Work with client community to understand business processes in order to determine network requirements.
• Work with technical and business analysts within the organization to define and build required network profiles.
• Maintain data owner relationship / approvers on networked applications.
• Independently develop appropriate solutions to network / application related issues.
• Ensure change control procedures are followed.
• Cisco Router configuration, implementation, maintenance
• Cisco Firewall configuration, implementation, maintenance
• Cisco Switch configuration, implementation, maintenance
• Cisco VPN configuration, implementation, maintenance
• Cisco DWDM configuration, implementation, maintenance
• Cisco Wireless and ACS configuration, implementation, maintenance
• Multicast configuration, implementation, maintenance
• Remote access maintenance and configuration.
• IP Camera and Server configuration, implementation, maintenance
• Cable Management configuration, implementation, maintenance
• Monitoring Systems: WhatsUp, Netscout and others
• Network Device/Warehouse Inventory Management
• Internet connectivity configuration, implementation, maintenance.
• UNIX scripting and log maintenance
• Provide 24-hour on-call support, including evenings and weekends. On call rotations required.
• TCP /IP protocol analysis.
• VoIP protocol configuration and analysis.
• Network monitoring tools maintenance and configuration.
• Administration of operating systems: Unix, Linux, Windows.
• DHCP configuration and maintenance.
• Scripting environments (shell, PERL , TCL etc).
• Data center design and management.
• Participation in disaster recovery/business continuation activities.
• Dedication to following procedures and regulations.
• Ability to work as an individual contributor or as a team member.
• Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem solving skills.
• Written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with diverse user community.
Education / Experience :
• Bachelor’s degree in an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience preferred. CCNA /CCNP preferred
• A minimum of 7+ years Cisco (verfiable) technical experience.
• Minimum five years in-depth experience with Cisco router and switch configuration, implementation and maintenance / troubleshooting at an enterprise level.
• Advanced understanding of the Authorization Concept for network access and configuration.
• Clear understanding of IP based routing concepts.
• Good understanding of network troubleshooting methods.
• Experienced in developing router and switch configurations.
• Experienced in working with Network roles.
• Experience in Data Center management and operations.
• IT Audit and compliance experience
• Must have relative experience or knowledge of standard corporate Compliance programs ie SOX , NERC CIP , PCI
• Understanding of physical and financial power generation as well as Retail business functions is a plus
• Project management & communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley ( SOX ), NERC CIP , and other compliance requirements and implementation.
• Knowledge and understanding of scripting and code.
Physical Requirements / Working Requirements :
• Must be able to lift 50lbs.
• Valid driver’s license, ability to attend meetings and respond to application problems at various corporate sites when necessary.
• Office, plant, call center and data center visits required
• Some travel is required.
• Some after hours support and change control required.
• On call rotations required.
MRE Consulting, Ltd. - 10 months ago