CenturyLink Inc. (NYSE: CTL) is a leading provider of voice, video, and data services. The company's employees are committed to providing world class services that exceed customers' expectations for quality, value and reliability. Customer satisfaction and winning customer’s continued business and loyalty is what helps make our company what it is today. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com .
Position: Network Analyst II
Classification: Regular Full-Time
Location: Minneapolis, MN and Wake Forest, NC
The Internet Protocol Network Operations Center (IP NOC) is hiring seven Network Analyst II positions to provide operational support in specified areas. The IP NOC provides customer support and trouble resolution on CenturyLink Dedicated Internet Access, VPN and other IP products. The Network Analyst II position is responsible for providing Operational Support in a defined role within the Network Reliability Operations Center (NROC) IP NOC. Each of these three roles will work together to ensure that there is awareness to outages and that work activities are advancing in a manner that meets or exceeds service levels.
This position interfaces with IP NOC and NROC employees, CenturyLink Operations and Sales departments, outside vendors, carriers and end user customers. This position has direct impact on the resolution of complex trouble situations.
Three specific roles have been defined:
- Central Event Correlation (2 Positions): This position is r esponsible for maintaining awareness of outages and mass events that impact the IP Network, communicating the status of the event to employee stakeholders with a need to know and initiating action that will enable the IP NOC to maintain acceptable service levels with our client base. Will use information from multiple sources to determine the operational disposition of the network. Will work with Workflow Management and Escalation Management within the IP NOC and other workgroups to drive network restoration efforts. Will serve as the liaison to other workgroups to resolve network events that are occurring in real-time.
- Workflow Management (2 Positions): This position is responsible for workflow within the IP NOC. This includes assigning ownership of trouble tickets, overall trouble ticket flow from creation to closure in the IP NOC, ensuring that tickets are owned, being updated and are being resolved. Will use the trouble ticketing systems and adjunct tools to query aging tickets, will work with Central Event Correlation and Escalation Management to ensure that the work load is being managed in a way that enables the IP NOC to meet or exceed established service levels.
- Escalation Management (3 Positions): This position is responsible for managing employee-initiated and customer-initiated escalation requests and ensuring that appropriate prioritization is applied. Will work with stakeholders, including Service Managers and Account Team members, using established escalation procedures to resolve issues that require additional attention or are not resolved within the normal workflow. Will work with Central Event Correlation and Escalation Management to resolve issues that are brought to the escalation desk. Will work with the reporting team to develop, analyze and distribute reports relative to reported escalation requests. This could include a number of escalation requests, for what reasons, from which channels and sources.
The position may be located in Minneapolis MN or Wake Forest NC.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Electronics or equivalent education and relevant experience. 4 - 5 years related experience may substitute for educational requirements.
- Fully-qualified professional with an intermediate level of understanding of IP Internetworking, data communications and telecommunications operations. This position requires the application of advanced knowledge and concepts using judgment and discretion to resolve a wide range of issues in the realm of IP Network Operations.
- 4 - 5 years experience working in a Network Operations and/or Telecommunications Customer Service environment.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of PC applications (Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint). Utilize Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook to document and communicate business information. Must be able to utilize Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets, generate reports and analyze report data.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to engage in written and verbal communications with all levels of CenturyLink employees, customers and partners.
- Demonstrated high personal work standards. Self development orientation, initiative, delegation and setting work standard. Ability to work independently with little work instruction.
- Ability to develop and implement new processes and procedures that will increase productivity while lowering cost.
- Strong planning, organizing, and implementing skills, along with conflict resolution and negotiation skills. Must be able to manage and correlate multiple trouble reports; communicate with customers and others in a repair situation.
- Possess high integrity and ethical behavior and hold others to same standards.
- Understanding of the OSI model, specifically Layer 1, 2 and 3. A firm understanding IP routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, NLSP,IGRP,EIGRP, BGP, EGP, IGP and how they are utilized and the impacts the present in the WAN environment.
- 2-3 years previous experience as a Technician, Supervisor or manager in a Telecommunications or Internetworking environment preferred.
- Remote troubleshooting and testing experience desired. Knowledge of troubleshooting circuit degradation issues, including utilization, bandwidth and latency problems
- Proficiency in various applications including NTM-Remedy, CenturyLink Control Center and ACD call tracking systems such as Nortel Symposium.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Qwest Communications - 12 months ago