Description of Group: The Data Center Operations team responsibilities range from entry level to high level network support. It is critical that the candidate have potential and drive to grow their technical expertise and advance within the group over time. The Data Center Operations team is a driven, passionate, high energy and highly motivated group with diverse skill sets. The team is committed to providing excellent internal and external support for customer equipment in the production Nasdaq Data Centers. The work environment is fast paced and employees are expected to take on tasks independently. New ideas and improvement to existing processes and procedures to maximize efficiency and productivity are encouraged.
Typical Job Function: Monitor and diagnose network problems on business critical exchange environments. Escalate to Network Engineering as necessary.
- Monitoring NNMI alerts
- LAN device connectivity provisioning and troubleshooting
- Switch OS upgrades
- Customer unicast connectivity troubleshooting
- WAN connectivity troubleshooting
- Multicast connectivity troubleshooting
- Knowledge of PIM dense and spare mode
- Customer VPN connectivity provisioning and troubleshooting
- Internal multicast dissemination troubleshooting
- RPF checks
- RP route checks
The NASDAQ OMX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
sologig - 13 months ago