Become part of a small but elite team that is responsible for the design and architecture of one of the fastest networks in North America. As a Network Analyst at the Metropolitan Airports Commission , you will be involved in everything from architectural design to system implementation and maintenance of data, voice and video networks. For more details, see the position description below!
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday; Flexible start time (between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.); Occasional evening/weekend hours due to implementations/upgrades or on-call duties.
Background Check: This position deals with highly sensitive information and will require an extensive background check which will be completed by the Airport Police Department. The selected candidate will need to successfully pass this background check prior to receiving a final offer of employment.
To Apply: Complete the online job application. This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Questions regarding this posting should be directed to Kristie Teasley at 612-794-9151 or Kristie.Teasley@mspmac.org .
Minnesota Government Data Practices Act
The Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC) collects information from applicants for the purposes of determining employment suitability. Applicants are not legally required to provide the requested information. However, information not provided, other than race, gender, or disability, may prevent MAC from being able to consider the application or determine the applicant's suitability for the position.
The information collected may be classified as public or private data under the MGDPA. "Public" means that data is available upon request. "Private" means the data is only available to the person the information is about, and to those who must see it in the course of conducting MAC business and as otherwise provided for by law.
MAC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If an accommodation is required for you to participate in the application process because of a disability or you have questions regarding the application process, contact Anita Bellant at 612-726-8196 or Anita.Bellant@mspmac.org .
MAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, nationality, or disability.
The Network Analyst will provide technical support, administration and maintenance for our communications networks. This position will assist in the design, installation and implementation of communication networks for data, voice and video.
- Install, maintain, configure, test, troubleshoot and resolve issues with networks and related equipment
- Support and administer the MAC’s TCP/IP Ethernet networks
- Assist with software/hardware upgrades and distribution
- Assist in the architecture and design of MAC networks
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies or application of technologies for the MAC Enterprise
- Provide technical tier 3 support to MAC staff as needed
- Provide 24/7 support for MAC networks including onsite response and troubleshooting
- Provide support to all network users and respond to calls and pages within one hour of receipt
- Complete other duties as assigned
Core Competency Requirements:
- Complete work assignments in an accurate and neat manner
- Produce required volume of work within assigned deadlines
- Consistently practices cooperative, positive and flexible work habits and accept accountability for job responsibilities
- Use sound, ethical judgment in solving problems and making decisions
- Use effective interpersonal skills to develop positive work relationships
- Perform work in a safe, secure and ethical manner
- Use good communication skills in and between work groups
- Comply with required work schedules
- Provide good internal/external customer service
- Comply with all MAC policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Four years of experience providing technical support for TCP/IP Ethernet networks with a minimum of 500 nodes in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Four years of experience configuring and installing routers, switches and firewalls
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in working effectively with others both individually and in groups to troubleshoot problems, create procedures and provide technical support
- Ability to lift, carry and position up to 40 pounds
- Possession of a valid state issued driver's license
- Possession of a reliable to vehicle to commute between job sites
- CCNA certification
- MCSE certification (network)
- Network + certification
- Brocade Certified Network Engineer (BCNE)
Metropolitan Airports Commission - 14 months ago