Our Client, a leading technology company, is currently looking for a Sr. Network Engineer to join their internal professional services IT department for a 3-6 month contract to hire opportunity. The Network Engineer will work out of the Richardson, TX corporate headquarters. This is a customer-facing role that will be working with platform engineering teams to help maximize customer’s network design toward their key business goals and objectives. This opportunity will require a Sr. Architect with a broad mix of networking knowledge and specific areas of expertise related to the use of network technologies for critical IT problem solving in an enterprise or service provider environment.
-Experience designing/building SP &/or enterprise network architectures
-8-10 years relevant experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment.
- Expert level knowledge in TWO of the following and strong knowledge in all areas
Server Load Balancing
Data Center Networking Design and Planning
Layer2 network design and architecture including expertise with switching and or routing platforms from CISCO
- Understanding of Data Center Virtualization and VMware a plus
- Expertise in network security and network troubleshooting
- Experience with Network and service management tools from Cisco and EMC
- Understanding of ITIL foundations
- Strong interpersonal and communication/strong technical presentation skills
- Advanced degree strongly preferred
- CCIE, VCP are nice to have’s and will be highly preferred