Ancestry.com is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 17 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our more than two million subscribers to create nearly 50 million family trees that contain nearly 5 billion profiles, make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With over 1,300 employees, we are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive. We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.com.
The Principal Network Architect will be responsible for designing and managing the lifecycle of the Ancestry.com networks.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Review and optimize current network design and configuration.
- Work with technical management to design networks that effectively reflect business needs, service-level and availability requirements.
- Oversee planning, design, implementation, and operation of network infrastructure projects and participate in the development of business requirements and implementation plans for technically advanced internetworking solutions.
- Provide infrastructure design, implementation planning, deployment support, software strategy, system troubleshooting, performance engineering and optimization, maintenance strategy.
- Develop Network technology roadmaps.
- Develop conceptual, logical, or physical network designs.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Manage the development of procedures for installation, use, or troubleshooting of network hardware or software.
- Manage implementation of network infrastructure projects, from both technical and communication aspects.
- Provide vision and direction on emerging Network technologies.
- Serve as a liaison to vendors and/or third-party providers as assigned.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Provide oversight into the maintenance of optimized network design and configuration.
- The PNA must have experience in network engineering, network integration, data communications protocols, communication architectures, hands-on testing, WAN termination devices, LANs serial protocols, digital networks, analog networks, narrowband networks, broadband networks, and cabling systems.
- The PNA will have the WAN skills necessary to design and engineer multi-data center hosting on a global footprint; including global load balancing and both synchronous and asynchronous data replication.
- The candidate must have service design and systems integration skills.
The PNA must also have excellent problem analysis skills; Statistical and mathematical analysis skills; Project management experience; excellent communications skills (both verbal and written); Strong customer orientation.
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Network, Computer, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Related Field.
- 5-7 years experience with LAN, WAN and VOIP architectures and technologies support Web 2.0.
- Experience with ATM, Frame Relay, SONET, IP, or other local-area or wide-area networking products and security technologies.
- CCIE/CCNP is desirable.
- Knowledge of various router configurations such as Cisco and Juniper and routing protocols such as IS-IS, IGP, BGP, MPLS, and AToM.
- Knowledge of SNMP, Network Management, TMN, UNIX, software development, PC communication, and configuration experience.
- Experienced in configuring and maintaining security relating web, and firewall operations including, but not limited to, Nokia, Checkpoint Firewall - 1, Force10, Cisco PIX, NMAP, NESSUS, shell scripting, network configuration, DNS, intruder detection software (SNORT, Dragon), sniffers (TCPDump, Snoop), SSH, ACL Administration.
- Strong knowledge in IP internetworking – IP routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP).
- Fundamental understanding of good data center and network design principles.
- Experience in building scalable, fault tolerant infrastructure to support cloud computing.
- Deep exposure to Cisco data center products such as Nexus 7K/5K/2K, CRS-1, 7600, 6500, IOS software.
- Prior experience designing and implementing Nexus 7K core to enable NextGen features, (OTV, LISP, and FabricPath).
Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment.
Working for Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
Ancestry.com is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry.com via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry.com. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry.com is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history...