The Network Architect is responsible for providing design and build support for new projects and solutions within Asurion's Global Enterprise. This Network Architect will ensure that
- Data networking solutions are continuously improved, supported, monitored and aligned with industry best practices, company standards, and emerging business requirements.
- Develop and generate conceptual, logical, and physical network architecture and resulting artifacts, including documents and drawings, configuration policies and guidelines, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure a sound network operations.
- Develop cost analysis models and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and measures feasibility of various approaches.
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of virtualization and SAN solutions in network, security and computing.
The Network Architect is the lead Networking subject matter expert in support of current network operations globally. Analyze and assess structure and behavior of existing network systems, including interior and exterior routing, communications links, QoS, multicast, traffic shaping, load balancing, tag switching, traffic compression and other core network systems. Provide implementation, maintenance and planning support in connection with deployment/maintenance of network solutions. Lead the development of guidelines relating to all aspects of network operations support. Provide fourth level support in connection with the resolution of major network issues. Using appropriate management, monitoring and analysis tools, provide technical examination of structure, performance and operation of individual network components, sub-networks or sub-systems as required. Provide support in the effort to maintain 100% accurate network documentation. Maintain deep knowledge of technology capabilities and product roadmaps of major network vendors, specifically Cisco, F5, InfoBlox, CheckPoint, Tipping Point and others.
Technical Competencies Required:
- Proven strong ability to see the 'big picture' and able to implement strategies that align tasks/people/requirements for success in meeting the department goals
- Provide training and mentoring to the network team members.
- Provide support for tier 4 networking escalations
- Maintains expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope
- Maintains expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the department's scope
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with Clients and other Asurion departments by representing the department as a respected ambassador.
- Escalates issues to the Director in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Gather and analyze project requirements, design and implement multi-layer network architecture components
- Develop configuration and implementation instructions for routine deployments and daily tasks.
- Complete Build-To and As-Built documentation for current and new network related design concepts and deployments
- Design, maintain and deploy branch office locations as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to provide project level support throughout the entire project lifecycle.
Planning, action plan development, implementation and troubleshooting
- Ensures the appropriate documentation and adherence to departmental processes and procedures.
- Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to internal Business and Project Stakeholders.
Experience and Education:
- Complete understanding of interior and exterior routing and switching protocols, DNS, DHCP, proxy functions (forward and reverse), security protocols (IPSec, SSL, etc.), time protocols (e.g. NTP), tag and label switching, real-time protocols for voice (Skinny, SIP, H.323, MGCP), etc. Thorough understanding of WAN communications protocols including MPLS, DWDM, OC carrier, BRI/PRI.
- Hardware: Cisco, F5, InfoBlox, CheckPoint, Tipping Point, and Avaya
- Must demonstrate strong information organization and presentation skills, including to senior management and large audiences
- Demonstrable and consistent history of successful project engagements on an enterprise scale, preferably in the financial industry
- Must work well in a fast paced collaborative environment
- Travel (domestic/international) may at times be required for specific projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
- 7+ years of Core Networking Experience
- CCNP, CCDP or equivalent experience, CCIE is a strong preference
- Expert skill in diagnosing, solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis
- Superior oral and written communication skills. Ability to exhibit a commanding presence when necessary
- Superior computer skills including in common business applications such as MS Windows and MS Office including Excel, Word and Access.
- Knowledge of theory and principles of project management
Asurion - 2 years ago
For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions to...