Do you like to challenge the status quo? Are you a futurist? Are you an individual who is passionate about making a difference and can articulate a compelling vision and then influence others to support your idea?
We are looking for Infrastructure and Operations architects who will be key contributors to the planning, alignment and execution of business and IS strategies. Architects assist the team in driving the creation and adoption of IS architecture roadmaps, standards and guidelines across multiple functional and technology domains. Architects provide technical leadership across both business and information systems groups from strategic decision-making to project planning.
If this challenge is appealing to you and you consider yourself a “big picture” person who understands the balance of operations and futuristic long term thinking, then this is the company and the role for you.
Successful candidate will have the following Responsibilities, Professional Experience, and Knowledge & Skills:
• Technology: Be a technology leader to provide thought leadership and guidance on multiple functional and technology domains. Provide deep technical expertise Enterprise Networks including Access Networks, Distribution Networks, Core Network, Data Center Networks, Optical Networks and Extranet Network solutions.
• Management of project lifecycle: Understand & define customer requirements and architecture approach, perform vendor evaluations, have technical skills and experience to execute testing of proposed solutions, document findings, and present recommendations to customers and CIS leadership. Provide appropriate input to technology planning and its impact on budget development (capital, expense, annual, strategic).
• Individuals will responsible for making recommendations for different software/hardware solutions within Infrastructure & Operations. Maintain strong architectural expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
• Ensure alignment and compliance of detailed application and technical designs (Design Doc) with architecture strategies, standards and guidelines. Provide technical guidance for mid-large size and complex projects.
• Customer Focus: Evaluate decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships and build process through customer view point.
• Develop and document current and target state architecture diagrams and mappings. Develop roadmaps and create reference architectures for various infrastructure domains.
• Maintain deep expertise with Juniper, Avaya and Palo Alto Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications.
Design, setup and configure complex wireless switching and networking environments that support open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications. Maintain a thorough understanding of the Internet and its workings (DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding) Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, etc.).
• Provide support on escalation of complex troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services. Coordinate vendor support for critical problem resolution.
• Quickly learn new technologies in any infrastructure domain and be able to apply that knowledge in the building of proofs of concept and pilots, leading to production deployments as appropriate.
Design: Experience in infrastructure-related role; proven success on projects with large-scale deployments; strong technical design skills; understanding of application life-cycle management. Mapping business strategy to supportable cost effective technical solutions.
Architect: Understanding of Enterprise Architecture concepts, industry standards, and best practices; highly motivated; ability to lead and influence.
Research: Knowledge of emerging technologies; ability to balance costs against benefits. Identify opportunities and implications of the tradeoffs between cost/performance, buy/build, outsourcing, etc.
Vendor Relationship: Knowledge of emerging technologies and vendor landscape; successful track record of effective vendor management, collaboration and governance.
Customer Engagement: Ability to evangelize the roadmaps and reference architectures. Proven abilities to drive pro-active engagement with customers with advance development and planning on Infrastructure initiatives.
Communication: Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate within & across technical teams as well as with customers and Sr. leadership. Be comfortable conducting meetings, creating and presenting professional grade deliverables such as technical architecture documents, technical drawings and presentations.
Plan & Improve: Understanding of business drivers and all stakeholders’ requirements; Documentation and frameworks; experience in capacity and performance Management.
Team Work: Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced team environment, as well as work independently. Ability to Collaborate and Engage well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources. Ability to generate process improvements; support and drive change, and confront difficult circumstances in creative ways. Able to lead technical teams to build consensus and drive decisions on architecture and design. Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor network engineers.
Process: Ability to follow established processes and guidelines for Change Management, Problem and Incident management. Proactively identify opportunities and lead others to enhance IT internal processes
At Bose, better sound is just the beginning. Learn more about our story of passion and innovation, and explore career opportunities.