DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) is one of the world's leading providers of digital television entertainment services delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming and industry leading customer service to more than 30 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America. In the U.S., DIRECTV offers its customers access to more than 170 HD channels and Dolby-Digital* 5.1 theater-quality sound, access to exclusive sports programming such as NFL SUNDAY TICKET, Emmy- award winning technology and higher customer satisfaction than the leading cable companies for eleven years running.
DIRECTV Latin America, through its subsidiaries and affiliated companies in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, and other Latin American countries, leads the pay-TV category in technology, programming and service, delivering an unrivaled digital television experience to more than 10.6 million customers.
DIRECTV owns and operates a world class
national IP backbone with Cisco CRS-1
, ASR9k, Cisco 7600 and Juniper routers across multiple major POPS in the US and now it's time to build similar engineering disciple for DIRECTV Latin America.
DIRECTV is looking for a network architect to lead DIRECTV's advance service initiatives. This is an opportunity to work with DIRECTV's engineering, a team of world class team at the forefront of innovation and technology. As a member of this team, candidate will work with highly skilled individuals who have been shaping the network engineering industry in the US for years and have now only just started venturing into Latin America, bringing with it, expertise unrivalled in the industry.
Ideal candidate should be somebody who enjoys network design, architecture, planning and feels strongly not only about building large networks but also complex migrations and scaling network infrastructure to next level. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Design and validate the next generation LAN and WAN video network architecture for high performance, availability and redundancy.
- Participate in the multi dimensional efforts for DIRECTV TV Anywhere, Video enhancement and Cloud design strategy
- Work with various system vendors on evaluating new systems and solutions as part of next generation video distribution architectures and provide recommendations. Systems include routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, content caches etc.
- Manage network-related projects, activities and tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years experience in networking industry.
- Strong knowledge in IP internetworking - IP routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP).
- Good understanding of data center design and principles.
- Experience in building scalable, fault tolerant infrastructure to support cloud computing.
- Deep exposure to Cisco data center products such as Nexus 7K/5K/2K, CRS-1, 7600, 6500, IOS software.
- Must have good knowledge of LAN switching protocols, Global load balancer and Security components such as Cisco ASA Firewalls.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure/application strategy and technologies.
- Familiarity with storage and related technologies (fiber channel, FCOE).
- Cisco certification.
- Fluency in Spanish and Portuguese.
DIRECTV - 17 months ago
DIRECTV takes television straight to the masses. The company operates the largest direct-to-home (DTH) digital TV service in the US, ahead...