U.S. Citizenship is required.
The Network Architect has the ability for complete system architecture development, and system assessment. They have an understanding of concepts and products associated with network infrastructure, data center infrastructure, application servers, queuing, web services, and industry specifications and best practices. Candidates also understand the merits and appropriate applications of frameworks, protocols, synchronous/asynchronous communications, data translations and transformations, application performance and IT governance.
• Serves as a subject matter technical expert in areas relevant to the project.
• Provide guidance to the technical staff on the functional procedures/processes/policies reflecting detailed knowledge of functional network areas including WAN, Gateways, and Data Centers.
• Interfaces with Government management personnel and functional proponents.
• Reports in writing and orally to Contractor management and Government representatives, including the Government CO and COTR.
• Performs Internet, Data Center and National Systems Architect duties.
• 12 years’ experience with IT projects specializing in the planning and deployment of enterprise wide architecture solutions, with the ability to develop business architectures to support an organizations vision, and help align their business processes, people and technologies.
• Eight (8) years of experience in the design, engineering and implementation of internet gateways and data centers network architecture.
• Experience with data center technologies including ISP level routing and switching experience including BGP, Expertise in content delivery, caching and load balancing solutions.
• High level understanding of enterprise DNS and Mail architectures is desired.
• Multi-vendor product experience is desired.
• Project Management experience desired.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Equivalent Experience