General Summary: Experience in Cisco routers, switches, and Wireless Access Points.
Experience in OSPF, EIGRP, ATM, BGP, Frame Relay, VoIP, Multicast and WCCP.
• Provide technical installation, implementation, and support of network-related equipment; coordinate strategic network projects.
•Conduct studies analyzing user’s requirements, perform cost analysis, and identify alternative designs and solutions to ensure the client’s network needs are met.
•Submit network connectivity specifications and offer recommendations based on study results.
•Assist with new client design and implementation projects, including equipment ordering and vendor negotiations, testing, troubleshooting, installation, and implementation of upgrades or configuration.
•Communicate network status, provide quality documentation, and generate reports requested.
•Adhere to Company’s standards and procedures.
•Attend daily/weekly meetings and interact regularly with management, clients, and incumbents to constantly improve network engineering services.
•Self motivated and works well independently.
•Familiar with Network Analysis tools (Wireshark, sniffers, Netflow, etc.)
•Strong project management skills.
•Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Extensive knowledge of Routing and Switching required.
• Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including: BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, Cisco’s Data Center Network Design and Architecture, as well as Hierarchical Network Design.
• Cisco Routers and Switches including: 6500 series as well as Nexus 7000, 5000, and 2000 series.
• Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
• Ability to align service offerings with the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes: Medical insurance, Dental insurance, 401K, Life Insurance, Disability benefits, prescription drug coverage
Advantage Consulting, Inc. is a premier St. Louis, MO based, IT staffing solutions provider. We can partner with you to find the right job for your career objectives. Whether you are looking for contract work or a long-term home, we will help you make the right move. Be part of a winning team! Employees can take Advantage of the ongoing professional IT training! Our customers also enjoy the benefit of knowing that our consultants are the best! Advantage Consulting, Inc. provides quality IT professionals to our customers such as Developers (Java, C++, .Net, etc.), Business Analysts, Database Administrators, Project Managers, Quality Assurance, Testers, System Administrators, Network Administrators, Technical Writers, Helpdesk Support, and many more. Visit us on the web at www.stladvantage.com