Siemens Enterprise Communications Managed Services Division Network Architect
As a Network Architect you will be part of the Siemens Enterprise Communications Managed Services team representing the IT infrastructure services supporting mission critical systems on behalf of Siemens Enterprise Communications for our $3 billion dollar major academic healthcare organization in southeast Michigan.
Interpret business requirements into technical network solutions framework. Provide technology roadmaps governed by strategic direction, business requirements as well as resourcing and financial constraints. Liaise with enterprise, server and applications architects to ensure alignment across technology portfolios.
Tasks and Activities
Qualifications and Skills
- Provide technical direction and frameworks to meet business needs.
- Provide expert consultation for major network initiatives or incidents.
- Produce and/or endorse network standards.
- Provide advice and recommendations specific to customer requirements.
- Evaluate emerging technologies against business and IT strategic needs.
- Serve as a key representative on major network initiatives .
- Analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of the network's infrastructure design, integration, and operations.
- Work with technical management to architect networks that effectively reflect business needs, service-level and availability requirements, and other technology parameters.
- Develop design principles, models, plans, internal standards, budgets, and processes based on industry best practices.
- Establish governing principles for network design and deployment.
- Participate in selection of networking technologies and products for implementation
- Continually update understanding of business and technology status and objectives and respond to strategic design requests as the business evolves.
- Update standards and guidelines.
- Write technical and business documentation.
- Liaise with management and support teams.
- Assist in scoping and costing of projects.
- Guide and influence team members and business colleagues.
- Work with other SMEs and technical support teams in the pursuit of technically excellent solutions.
- Produce technically excellent solutions architecture that is aligned to business needs and direction.
- Advanced knowledge of protocols including BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, and EIGRP, SPB, TRILL
- Strong IPV4 and IPV6 skills
- Knowledge of WAN technologies
- Knowledge of redundancy and high availability protocols such as VRRP, HSRP, GLBP, SLB, LACP, PAGP
- Has a minimum 8 years of experience designing and implementing comprehensive network solutions using Avaya, Cisco, or Juniper products.
- Advanced knowledge of network virtualization technologies including MPLS, VRF, VLAN, VSS
- Advanced knowledge of tunneling protocols including IPSEC, GRE, L2TPv3
- Data Center and high availability design experience
- Advanced knowledge of Quality of Service
- Experience with VOIP components and converged networks
- Experience with network security standards
- Knowledge of Avaya, Cisco, and Juniper network hardware models including;
- Load balancers
- Packet Analysis
- WAN Accelerators
Qualifications & Certifications
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems within converged communications infrastructure
- The ability to communicate and influence business and technical staff.
- Written and oral communication skills
- Business acumen
- Strategic thinking
- Innovative thinking and solutions
Relevant industry certifications include Avaya, Cisco , Juniper and/or Specialist training that covers OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, RIP, STP, MPLS, VPNs, Ethernet
Our customer is committed to fostering good health and welfare of all people, and to improving the health and productive lives of its employees and their families. In an effort to accomplish this goal, our customer maintains a tobacco-free environment for its employees, members, patients, and visitors and prohibits the use of tobacco products or smell of tobacco products anytime during work hours.
Area of Interest: