JECSI is a mid-sized company of environmental consultants and engineers and technical, scientific, and business software application developers and engineers that provides environmental, health and safety services to large industrial companies. Our Rancho Cucamonga office is located in the Victoria Gardens town center area close to shopping, and entertainment. JECSI has an immediate opening for a network assistant.|
- Assists in all aspects of desktop support.
- Assists in managing desktop systems and communications, hardware/software, office systems and client connection troubleshooting.
- Oversees the daily operations of computer networks. This would include the hardware/software support, special projects, and training.
- Executes network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Performs routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Maintains logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records.
- Assists with any other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to interact with many different types of individuals, including executives, scientists, engineers, and other business professionals.
- Must have strong technical writing and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas and properly describe problems and solutions.
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must possess ability to support network and desktop hardware, software and applications.
- Must have ability to assist with technology planning through ongoing research.
- Must have working knowledge of VPN configuration and security.
- Must possess ability to support networked printers.
- Must have experience rolling out hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
- Must be able to manage small to medium sized projects according to agreed upon budgets and schedules.
Education and Experience
- 1-3 years of desktop support experience with Microsoft technologies (Windows XP, Windows 7, Office 2007 and 2010) security management, internet access, office systems, and general application support.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services preferred.
- Knowledge of Shoretel VOIP telephone systems preferred.
We offer excellent benefits, including health, dental, opportunity for career growth, training and continuing education. Please do not apply if you live more than 40 miles away and do not plan on relocating. No relocation allowance or bonus or sponsorship is available for this position.
CareerBuilder - 18 months ago
"JECSI offers comprehensive asbestos services designed to help companies understand and manage the presence of asbestos in the...