Network Capacity Management/Planning
The primary goal of the capacity management team is to ensure that network capacity globally meets current and future business requirements in a cost-effective manner. Capacity management is concerned with monitoring, performance, throughput or load of network equipment and transport. Performance analysis of measurement data in conjunction with assessment of impact of new solutions and changes in traffic utilization and trending are a critical part of optimizing, and maximizing, network usage and lowering CapEx. Optimization is about making the most of the resources which allows making the most of the opportunities.
· Ensure and Enhance monitoring and measurement, reports and dashboards are generated and run periodically, accurately and timely, to detail the status of various service stream capacity in the network, both on the TDM-core and the IP-core. Critical to this initiative is Creating and Keeping up to date, a detailed capacity/CAPEX model(s), consistently and effectively fed with measurement data. These service stream capacity devices include but not limited to both the physical commitments and the utilization of:
· DACS and all manner of connectivity components
· Switch and GW ports
· Signalling devices such as Tekelec ISTP, PGW, signaling links, SLT
· IP circuits and bandwidth usage
· IP GWs such as NexTone and Huds
· Echo cancellation equipment and compression equipment (e.g. DCME)
· Physical facilities such as power and rack space
· Perform in-depth analysis of reports to ensure the details are properly represented and accurate and take remedial action where appropriate (correct the report or the data or both) to fix the problem.
Facilitate in Creating a Network Model, that is encompassing enough, and fed with measurement data to facilitate the bellow requirements:
· Formulate, in conjunction with appropriate SMEs, the plans to correct for tight places in the network.
· Recommending grooming to eliminate low utilization facilities
· Recommend shifting of assets when it is clear that a site is overstocked to the point it will not require the assets that could fill a need in another site
· Recommend CapEx projects when assets are required that are not available through other means
· Participate in quarterly/annual CapEx budgeting as well as monthly/quarterly reconciliation process
· Aggressively pursue with sales the correction of both under- and over-utilization
· Provide input for iCE Assets modeling to such an effect that capacity reports can run effectively
· Closely work together with the responsible person for managing iCE asset documentation to ensure assets are added promptly, accurately and efficiently
· Continuously investigate solutions and generate ideas to pursue the use of automated reporting to make the capacity management process more efficient
· 3 years experience working with a CLEC, iLEC, LD or equivalent facilities based telecom carrier.
· Detail oriented, thorough and accurate and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Strong to Excellent working knowledge of MS office products, specifically Excel.
· Solid experience with Business Objects or similar reporting software.
· BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent technical degree preferred.
· Detail knowledge of telecom components and structure, both TDM and IP.
· Strong knowledge of international / long distance telephony concepts and networks.
· Understanding of transport level facilities such as E1, T1 and STM1.
· Understanding of voice terminology and protocols such as SS7, ISDN and SIP.
Knowledge of IP and TDM network equipment as well as how they interact (TDM switches, IP gateways, routers, SBC’s, etc)
iBasis - 30+ days ago
iBasis, Inc. (iBasis) is a wholesale carrier of international long distance telephone calls and a provider of retail prepaid calling service...