Now in its second century, Audubon is dedicated to protecting birds and other wildlife and the habitat that supports them. Audubon’s mission is engaging people in bird conservation on a hemispheric scale through science, policy, education and on-the-ground conservation action. By mobilizing and aligning its network of Chapters, Centers, State and Important Bird Area programs in the four major migratory flyways in the Americas, the organization will bring the full power of Audubon to bear on protecting common and threatened bird species and the critical habitat they need to survive. And as part of BirdLife International, Audubon will join people in over 100 in-country organizations all working to protect a network of Important Bird Areas around the world, leveraging the impact of actions they take at a local level. What defines Audubon’s unique value is a powerful grassroots network of nearly 500 local chapters, 22 state offices, 44 Audubon Centers, Important Bird Area Programs in 46 states, and 700 staff across the country. Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Why Birds Matter - YouTube
The Network Content Editor is responsible for actively seeking out and developing stories from across the Audubon network for delivery across a broad range of channels and outlets. Reporting to the Integrated Marketing Director, s/he will work closely with centers, chapters, state, program, regional and national staff to gather information, foster communication, and facilitate collaboration.
- Responsible for writing, editing, and designing communications for print, email, web and other digital channels.
- Responsible for producing articles and features for Audubon publications including the Annual Report and President’s Report.
- Responsible for collecting and delivering data and talking points from across the network to support both internal and external communication initiatives.
- Build storylines from the ground up that effectively communicate Audubon’s conservation efforts and value.
- Act as a liaison between the digital and content teams; supply content and information as appropriate.
- Proactively identify themes and create feature packages for distribution that support communications and public relations efforts.
- In collaboration with the Photo Director, ensure that Audubon photo assets are collected, edited, and managed correctly.
- Provide key analytics to the Director and Vice President when requested; ensure that all reports contain accurate data that captures critical trends that accurately depicts information.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Writing, Journalism, English or related field required.
- 4-7 years’ demonstrated professional experience; background in journalism, video and/or digital areas a plus.
- Excellent writing, editing and organizational skills required; keen attention to detail a must.
- A self-starter, with the ability to manage editorial deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in storytelling required.
- Polished and professional, confident in communication with executive leaders.
- A passion for birds, nature, and conservation, and the ability to share that passion with readers of all stripes.
National Audubon Society is committed to conserving and restoring natural ecosystems, focusing on birds and other wildlife for the benefit...