Job Title: Network Design Engineer 2
Job ID: 264720
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Day to Day Work
Network Design Engineer 2
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 23,000 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world.
This consultant is required to be part of a Network Operations team for a large, enterprise data center in Central Pennsylvania. The data center comprises 4000 Wintel servers and 800 Web-facing applications and continues to grow. It is widely recognized for its innovative use of the latest technologies from Microsoft, Cisco, and other leading IT companies.
The engineer’s responsibilities involve the following:
The core qualifications are:
- Assist with designing an Active/Active site network architecture
- Provide troubleshooting and maintenance services for a LAN/MAN/WAN network infrastructure;
- Review, test and execute configuration tasks that enhance reliability and redundancy, increase bandwidth, improve traffic flow, and ensures the maximum availability of the network infrastructure;
- Design and configure settings for switches and routers in multi-protocol inter-networks;
- Carry out performance, security monitoring, and documentation of the relevant network segments to ensure data integrity and environmental safety;
- Assist customers with determining their requirements for network performance, security, capacity and scalability;
- Provide high-level design services for inter-network architecture, which could include LANs, routed and switched WANs, and remote access networks
- Conduct network baselines and makes necessary recommendations.
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
- Proven experience with OTV or equivalent technology
- In-depth technical knowledge and demonstrated proficiency (with 3 years of experience) in
- Installing and configuring Cisco network equipment in multiprotocol internetworks using LAN and WAN interfaces;
- Implementing Cisco specific technologies including access-control lists, plans, and policy routing
- Cisco CSS/CSM load balancing hardware
- Checkpoint NGX, SPLAT and Cluster XL
- CISCO FWSM/PIX/ASDM
- Knowledge and experience with:
- Packet capture and analysis with devices such as Netscout Infinistreams, and Netscout Performance Manager.
- Network management software for monitoring complex networks
- Identifying, diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving potential and actual performance, hardware and software problems, and troubleshooting in large networked environments;
- Certified Cisco Networking Professional
- Checkpoint Certified Security Administrator
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Unisys - 13 months ago
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical...