* If incumbent possesses exemplary KSA, the starting salary may be hired at a salary above the minimum.
The Network Engineer is responsible for the overall planning and administration of the Court's network. This position analyzes technology requirements to plan circuit-wide network that will provide sufficient capabilities required for projected workloads in addition to planning the layout and installation of new systems or modification of existing systems under the direction of the Information Services Director.
Examples of Duties:
A primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: (1) LAN/WAN administration (2) Network Security (3) Network Continuity Planning (4) Other duties as assigned or necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification.
(1) LAN/WAN Administration:
• Be responsible for architecture of overall network design, implementation maintenance including switches, routers, firewalls, wireless, etc
• Provide documentation and conduct testing as necessary
• Create and maintain Network Standards and Procedures and maintain accurate records and history
• Monitor the network performance and utilization metrics
• Provide monthly reporting of performance monitoring
• Evaluation and purchase of circuit-wide networking equipment
(2) Network Security:
• Accountable for network security, ensuring that security and performance monitoring is completed at appropriate intervals; take effective action as needed
• Maintain firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, security appliances and security-related software packages
• Remain current on emerging tools, techniques, methodologies and technologies
• Produce high-quality written products documenting findings, conclusions, and recommendations
• Record all information relating to work completed utilizing ITIL best practices
(3) Network Continuity Planning:
• Accountable for network continuity planning, testing, and recovery
• Respond timely to data center and network outage events and ensure
prompt return to service
(4) Other Duties as Assigned or Necessary:
• Intermittent travel throughout the circuit
• Travel and participation in training, conferences, meetings, etc
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Wireless
• LAN/WAN topologies, DNS
• Best practices in networking and security
• Effectively troubleshoot complex networking issues
• Manage short-term and long-term projects
• Establish and maintain working relationships with other agencies and departments
• Provide senior level support as needed to help diagnose desktop issues
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from 4-year college or university; or 4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A strong background in network systems maintenance and development is essential. Prior firewall experience necessary.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• A valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record (Florida license required within 10 days of hire)
• CCNA Certification preferred
• Security + preferred
Network system supervision, no employee supervision.
THE 20TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT OF FLORIDA - 9 months ago