Posting Job Title: Network Engineer 2
Requisition #: 142921BR
Posting Location: Cerritos, CA, US
Alternative Locations: United States - Ohio - Columbus, United States - Texas - Austin;;
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for configuring, servicing and supporting all core, edge and CPE routing and switching equipment necessary for the delivery of all optically-based Business Class products and services. This includes all equipment, both active and passive, in the network.
- Test, validate and document all new core, edge and CPE hardware and connections for proper configuration and performance for existing and new technology.
- Develops MOP's (Method of Procedure) and coordinate with the RNOC/GNOC on all service affecting and non-service affecting maintenance activities.
- Maintains documentation of all core alarm points are being properly monitored and maintain accurate and detailed core circuit design records and drawings. This includes both creating the records as well as ensuring they are updated for any as-built or service restoration changes.
- Responsible for designing and provisioning of all provider edge, customer premise equipment and other related equipment as necessary.
- As part of an on-call/standby rotation, respond to after hours call-out for service restoration, troubleshooting, network testing and repair of all core equipment necessary for the delivery of TWC's advanced Fiber Service offerings. Ensure the commercial customer support team is kept up to date on the progress of all repair and upgrade activities. Also assist commercial service techs in troubleshooting, testing and repair of all last mile and customer premise equipment and other related equipment as necessary.
- Assist in the creation and review of event post mortem documentation to ensure accurate and meaningful post mortems are created. Review all post mortem documents and implement procedures to minimize future service outages and shorten the duration.
- Maintain all spare stock for all core equipment necessary for the delivery of metro Ethernet and regional transport. Track all equipment RMAs and ensure that proper levels of spare inventory are maintained.
- Administer scheduled maintenance on all core commercial equipment such as software upgrades and equipment upgrades and assist with such maintenance on the last mile and customer premise network equipment as needed.
- Partner with the RDC personnel to maintain, configure, and upgrade element manager servers as needed for both the core network equipment and last mile network equipment.
- Maintain security to all network equipment including development and maintenance of commercial firewalls and access lists.
- Demonstrates proficiency in and working knowledge of network technologies.
- Recommends improvements and development of technical standards.
- Recognizes deviation from accepted practices and confirms with senior staff appropriate next steps.
- Receives general instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignments.
- Work is generally supervised and reviewed for timeliness, accuracy, and good judgment.
- 5 years plus of designing, deploying, operating, trouble resolution and supporting MPLS, VPLS, BGP and Metro Ethernet services.
- 3 years of designing, deploying, operating, trouble resolution and supporting WDM OTH transport technologies (DWDM, CWDM, ADM, OADM, ROADM)
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
- Working experience with Telcordia Granite inventory and circuit database
- Working experience with Juniper MX platform and Junos preferred
- Working experience with Remedy ticketing system, SevOne and Solarwinds Orion
- Industry recognized network certification is preferred but not required
- Expert understanding of Ethernet technology, 100BaseT, Gigabit Ethernet, CWDM, DWDM, LAN, WAN network design and an understanding of all OSI layers from application to physical
- Advanced Layer2 experience/knowledge in VLANs, stacked switches, QinQ, dot1q and VLL's
- Thorough understanding of transport protocols including MPLS, VPLS, RPR, SONET and related
- Intimate knowledge of IP Multicasting, OSPF, RIP, ISIS, EIGRP, SNMP and BGP
- Experience in design, configuration, implementation, support and operation of ring/mesh/star, high end Layer2 & Layer3 networks
- Experience in optics and optical networking and possesses a demonstrated knowledge of CWDM/DWDM systems, fiber amplifiers, optical components, and associated networking technologies
- Strong Metro Ethernet knowledge including Carrier Ethernet, QOS, COS, OAM, CIR, EVC, EPL, EVPL, E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree, Etc.
- Working knowledge and experience with HFC infrastructure with emphasis on CMTS and DOCSIS
- Experienced and knowledgeable in network incident isolation and troubleshooting techniques including network troubleshooting tools including OTDR, OSA, Ethernet/TDM Meter, RF Meter, Multimeter
- Advanced understanding of OSPF, BGP and detail leveled routing
- Complete understanding of CIDR, IP Subnetting, ASN and ARIN allocations
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and safe driving history.
FCC Unit_TWC: 11601
Controlling Establishment ID: 00389 - Cerritos
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...