Posting Job Title: Network Engineer 3
Requisition #: 146197BR
Posting Location: North Canton, OH, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Ohio Operations currently seeks a Network Engineer 3 for our Engineering Department in the North Canton, Ohio office. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The Network Engineer 3 for the Edge Routing Team will be responsible for designing, deploying, managing, and ensuring stability of the local/wide area network infrastructure technologies to provide high availability, fault tolerance, and scalability to effectively and efficiently support mission critical business systems. Demonstrates a high level of competence in LAN/WAN technologies, routing and switching platforms, troubleshooting critical issues, and coordination of implementation. Represents the Engineering Department working closely with regional Architects and Engineers in designing, modeling, and implementing new technologies within the Market. Performs moves, adds, and changes of equipment and systems specifically following the designated change management policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop innovative solutions and maintain network monitoring and system performance tools, techniques, policies and procedures.
- Configure, service and support all routing and switching equipment necessary for the delivery of Metro Ethernet services, regional Ethernet and inter-regional Ethernet services. This includes all equipment, both active and passive, in both the core and metro network.
- Troubleshoots and resolves critical network and system issues.
- Project management - document project requirements including scope, costs, schedule, testing and terms of delivery to ensure project is completed with highest level of quality on time and within budget
- Mentors and trains other Engineering personnel in key elements of networking systems and provide technical presentations to instruct co-workers and other production services support individuals.
- Research and identify technology opportunities and their application to the business.
- Test and validate all new hardware and connections for proper configuration and performance.
- As part of an on-call/standby rotation, respond to afterhours call-out for service restoration, troubleshooting, network testing and repair of all necessary equipment.
- Track all equipment RMAs and ensure that proper levels of spare inventory are maintained.
Candidate should have in-depth understanding of:
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or equivalent job experience (7 to 10 years of data network design, planning and support experience) preferred
- CCNP and/or equivalent certifications preferred
- 5+ year's experience with Cisco or Juniper preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of LAN, WAN, and telecommunication equipment, understanding of all OSI layers from application to physical, knowledge of RIP, OSPF and BGP, and experience with bandwidth utilization monitoring required.
- Experience developing disaster recovery and business continuation plans preferred
- Must have demonstrated experience utilizing structured change and project management methodologies.
- Must be able to function effectively in a team environment to accomplish team goals.
- Must have the ability to facilitate and lead meetings to negotiate understanding and agreement; provide lead work direction and perform project management responsibilities, including developing logical, efficient project plans, establishing priorities, assigning and delegating tasks, providing guidance and training to team members, anticipating and avoiding problems, monitoring and managing task completion and working collaboratively with team members, other Engineering staff and customer groups to ensure project accountability
Networking Protocols (IPv6, 802.3 Ethernet, RPR/DPT, 802.11, 802.17- )
Routing Protocols (BGP, IS-IS, RIP, OSPF, PIM, MPLS- )
Internet Protocols (HTTP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP- )
DOCSIS Technologies and Services
Optical Networking (CWDM, DWDM, PON- )
Hybrid Fiber Coax Technologies
IP Presence, Messaging and Session Management (SIP, SIP-T, CPIM, SDP, Packet Cable DCS, etc- )
Security Technologies (AAA, PKI, DRM- )
Travel 25 %
FCC Unit_TWC: 6067
Controlling Establishment ID: 00107 - Canton Whipple Ave
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 15 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...