The engineer conducts day-to-day as well as strategic operational support of Cisco Network and UC Telephony environments. The scope of work includes, but is not limited to, projects, troubleshooting and maintenance with both an immediate and long-term scope in mind. The engineer also provides support related functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day strategic and operational work such as trouble ticket response including immediate and long-term resolutions.
- Design and deploy LANs, WANs, and VPNs including servers, routers, hubs, switches, firewalls, and other network related hardware.
- Network and Telephony systems projects, upgrades, maintenance and feature enhancements.
- Generate, review and deliver various reports including ad hoc on a scheduled and per request basis for management or other groups.
- Administer and troubleshoot in conjunction with vendors third party peripheral Network or Telephony system that reside within the environment.
- As assigned by manager, participate individually, or in support of other team members in project planning, implementation and post-delivery support of Network and Telephony endeavors in support of business units.
- As assigned by manager, evaluate, test and validate new Network and Telephony products and solutions in support of service delivery for business units.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid Driver’s License
- Cisco Associate and Professional level certificate
- Intermediate Windows OS; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Cisco IOS and CUCM skills
- Minimum five years of Cisco networking work experience
- Working knowledge of:
- Cisco network products (routers, switches, fire-walls, wireless, voice gateways)
- Cisco telephony products (Call Manager, Unity, Presence)
- Cisco management platforms (ACS, WLC)
- Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Ability to work additional hours outside of the normal work week, on-site, on a rotating schedule, to perform Network/Telecommunications duties as required.
- Experience working in a team environment, exercising independent thinking, problem solving and achieving goals.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in one-on-one and small-large group settings.
- Adept at operating within a diverse and multicultural work environment.
- Ability to occasionally travel within the tri-state area.
The Woods Group is an executive search firm, focusing on positions in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, as well as nationwide.