About the Position:
Perform customer facing support functions for network implementations through operations for the Sungard Financial Services Customers. This involves layer 1-3 implementations and problems in a state of the art MPLS based IP backbone, as well as, problems with associated with customer managed services such as routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and DNS. Engineer will be responsible solution design, provisioning of new environments, modifications to existing environments, incident support as well as DR testing.
Provide world-class customer support and technical expertise for SunGard customers.
· Provide direct operational support of SunGard’s Financial Services customers, maintaining ownership and technical knowledge of their managed environments.
· Responsible for direct customer communication, working closely with other central operations technical teams and customer service teams.
· Build and maintain relationships with key customer’s technical staff members and with internal stakeholders from customer service and field operations.
· Provide technical assistance to all SunGard internal/external customers during environment outages.
· Perform weekly and monthly maintenance activity when required
· Perform after-hours support as needed.
Provide implementation of environments for Sungard Financial Services customers.
· Develop and install cost effective, operationally supportable solutions that meet customer requirements and SLAs.
· Provide clear technical documentation and written ISO9001 procedures to ensure other members of Operations can assist in monitoring, troubleshooting and changing complex customer environments.
Attend training courses, perform self-study, metrics development.
- Learn automated Sungard resource functions and terminology.
- Learn Sungard alert management platforms, functions, and terminology.
- Learn related SunGard product offerings.
Requirements and Preferred Requirements
- B.S. degree Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work-related experience
- Minimum two - four years industry experience in a production support role for a large enterprise or service provider environment
- Solid operational support experience and technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong working knowledge of routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP and knowledge of Internet concepts and routing architectures
- Strong working knowledge of spanning tree and layer two switching concepts
- Working knowledge of load balancing technologies, firewalls, DNS
- Extensive working knowledge of Cisco IOS
- Working knowledge of Juniper Routers and JUNOS software preferred
- CCNA or JNCIA certification
- Extensive knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies
- Ability to effectively use diagnostic tools
- Ability to learn and respond to demands in a fast-paced, highly technical environment and to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment as well as independently
- Good organizational, time management, and service delivery skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in productivity tools
- Completion or progress towards higher level certifications such as CCNP or JNCIS are a plus
Sungard AS - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...