This position will represent the Enterprise ICT Organization in network infrastructure services. This individual will function in a capacity to implement and maintain routing, switching and security infrastructures. This position requires knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures relative to maintaining and implementing network infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Implement and maintains existing routing, switching and security infrastructures.
- Monitors performance of all supported systems.
- Assists in in-depth network troubleshooting.
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specially outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
- Customer Service Skills
- Team Player
- Detailed Oriented
- Ability to work well with little supervision
- Able to make sound judgments
- Ability to work late and after hours shifts
- Ability to be on call
- Must at all times perform assigned duties in a manner to offer highest level of security while accessing sensitive company information.
- Must also at all times perform assigned duties with the highest level of quality and integrity
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to complete a project on time
- Professional Demeanor
- Time Management
- Experience with Cisco router and switches (3 to 4 years)
- Experience supporting an BGP network (3 to 4 years)
- Experience implementing QoS/CoS policies and priority queuing
WAN/LAN (3 to 4 years)
- Experience with Cisco VPN software and hardware configurations (3 to 4 years)
- Understanding of VoIP protocols and Codecs SIP, RTP
- IPSLA & Netflow monitoring/management
- Familiar with Cisco Pix/ASA firewall configurations
- Minimum of 3-4 years of routing switching and security infrastructure. (3 to 4 years)
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires an adequate range of body motion and mobility to enable the individual to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires ability to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Requires ability to move about to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Requires ability to operate a computer, telecommunication’s devices and other office equipment for prolonged periods of time throughout the work day.
- Requires ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which the employee must impart oral information to other employees, clients and customers, in person or via telephone, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions and information to others accurately, clearly and quickly.
- Requires the ability to perceive the nature of sounds. Hearing is important for those activities that require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, in person or via telephone, and to make fine discriminations in sound.
- Requires clarity of near vision. This factor is important when special and or minute accuracy is demanded and defective near acuity would adversely affect job performance and/or safety of self and others.
- Requires ability to work other shifts and weekends and in excess of 40 hours/week, as necessary.
Requires the ability to work and cooperate with other employees and clients at all levels and from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas, information and opinions to facilitate the task at hand.
Travel (for positions requiring travel):
Requires ability to travel by car, plane and train for prolonged periods of time domestically and internationally and to move and transport personal luggage.
Field of Interest Category:
Scheduled Work Hours:
Percent of Travel:
About BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps you make the most of what you spend on corporate travel. For travel managers and procurement...