Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2012-13 school year, 24 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and expect to serve more than 45,000 students in grades K-12 (some schools do not serve all grades) from across the U.S.
The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the U.S. and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services.
Working from our offices in Baltimore and Columbia, MD, Connections Education is seeking a Network Engineer II to join our Management Information Systems Team to manage and maintain our current network infrastructure for our national customers. We are looking for a highly motivated individual that thrives in a highly technical environment and has the ability to think outside of the box to solve issues. As a network engineer you will be responsible for monitoring and managing this infrastructure including management of all 3rd party services.
• Install new hardware, systems, and software for Connections Education network;
• Perform troubleshooting of network issues;
• Assist System Administrators with server deployments;
• Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning;
• Documents new and existing infrastructure;
• Works with vendors, developers, and System Administrators to resolve problems;
• Oversee and assist with network security issues; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of two (2) Requirements:
• Requires 4-6 years of experience in a medium size, complex internetworking environment
• Knowledge of system hardware and TCP/IP networking, including:
o Configuration and installation work with LANs and WANs
o Installation & Configuration of T1, routers, switches, load balancers (Cisco, F5)
o Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls
o DNS, DHCP, SMTP, and other services
• Thorough knowledge of the following 3rd party applications:
o Network monitoring products such as Solarwinds.
o Syslog servers
• Successful candidates should possess:
o Bachelors degree in computer science, or equivalent
o Professional certifications such as a CNNA
o Strong communication skills
o Ability to understand technology and successfully integrate it into dynamic and diverse environments
There's nothing fishy about information from Pearson, home of salmon-colored newspaper The Financial Times. The media giant operates...