Analyze business needs and develop or procure technological solutions for the company; procure methods and implement solutions in alignment with departmental goals and cost effectiveness. Monitor and evaluate solutions, troubleshoot issues as necessary to ensure service quality and IT systems performance. Support includes specification, installation, testing and monitoring of network systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines to deliver operational excellence.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and training. Advanced networking certifications strongly preferred.
3 - 5 years’ experience with configuration and management of advanced enterprise networking hardware including routers, switches, voice over IP telephony, wireless infrastructure, firewalls and internet proxy devices. Recent experience with network administration / configuration/ management related. Industry experience strongly preferred.
Experience with networking protocols to include advanced routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF) and switching (Cisco proprietary protocols and network standard protocols including spanning-tree, trunking protocol, MPLS.) Ability to work independently in a real time environment with good troubleshooting skills. Sound decision-making skills with ability to meet deliverables of infrastructure projects. Ability to maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, including but not limited to: routers, switches, VoIP, TDM Telephony, and Security. Ability to travel offsite including international locations, on average 30% annually; work includes occasional weekend or after hour’s time, when necessary. Ability to read, write and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and original equipment manufacturer guides. Ability to conduct research into network issues and products as required. Good verbal and written communication skills with a strong commitment to excellent customer service. Strong initiative, priority setting and collaboration skills. Ability to lift potentially heavy hardware equipment (up to 50 lbs) within reasonable accommodation.
• Perform basic analysis in data network planning, engineering and design; work directly with business groups to develop solutions. Performs project preparation and setup as assigned by project leader. Manage project implementation and rollout and may sign off on vendor deliverables. Participate and may devise solutions for areas of project responsibility. Create or upgrades network components to meet business demands and/or infrastructure upgrades. .
• Evaluate LAN/WAN hardware and software requirements and capabilities related to user needs and make recommendations for purchase and implementation. May develop and documents standards for network architecture along with coordinating network integration under the general guidance of the network manager. Coordinate maintenance for network equipment and troubleshoot problems with department users and ships. Installs software programs on LAN or WAN. May formulate programming and configuration system changes for software applications to facilitate network system capability.
• Utilize monitoring tools and techniques to insure optimum system availability by the early identification of equipment or software warnings and the proactive scheduling of preventive maintenance. Partner with vendors to schedule and implement recommended maintenance updates. Insure key performance indicators and interconnections with other systems are operational and do not exceed established thresholds. Provide solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility. Schedule and monitor backups of critical systems to insure availability in case of system failure.
• Follow and may develop uniform operation procedures for Network (LAN) and wide area Network (WAN) hardware and software and communicate these procedures to ensure departmental efficiency, including implementation of self-service where appropriate.
• Provides infrastructure support for events (inaugurals, charters, etc.) including support for laptops, access to corporate based systems, additional infrastructure for onboard projects. Provide repositioning support to new and recurrent piers. Travel to piers prior to ship release and inspect existing cabling. Repair infrastructure when necessary, or provide action plan for ship to shore communication during repositioning and first ship embark in a seasonal home port. Evaluate recurrent piers for addition of NCL infrastructure to aid embarkation and debarkation procedures. Evaluate current technology to plan for and rollout upgrades to provide added or improved functionality to the ship.
• Research and engage vendors, prepare RFP documentation, procure quotes for budget submission. Select vendors as appropriate to adhere to corporate standards and policies. Communicate project milestones to involved business departments. Work with MTN (satellite provider) to maintain and monitor quality of service implementation.
• Perform other job related functions as assigned.
In order to be considered for this position, it is REQUIRED that you read and answer the following questions. Please provide your responses to these questions on a cover letter.
1. What networking certifications do you possess?
2. Are you able to travel to international locations when required?
3. What is your minimum salary requirement?
NCL Corporation - 30+ days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 45-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most nota...