CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. The company provides broadband, voice and wireless services to consumers and businesses across the country and advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. In addition, the company provides data, voice and managed services to business, government and wholesale customers in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers. CenturyLink also is recognized as a leader in the network services market by key technology industry analyst firms, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises through Savvis, a CenturyLink company. CenturyLink's customers range from Fortune 500 companies in some of the country's largest cities to families living in rural America. Headquartered in Monroe, La., CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com .
The Network Engineer II will partner in a team environment or be able to independently provide technical support to maintain the internet backbone.
Basic Requirements :
- Responsible for monitoring network health, and planning and carrying out repairs such as card replacements and circuit troubleshooting.
- Assists more senior engineers with gathering data on network performance, testing new and upgraded moderately complex equipment, and documenting findings.
- Provides support for troubleshooting network problems.
- Responsible for logging into routers, changing parameters, modifying moderately complex documentation, and testing results.
- Implements and documents network addressing schemes including, but not limited to changing IP address assignments and subnetting.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Job Requirements Company Statement CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Qwest Communications - 13 months ago
The building houses D&E's new Network Operations Center (NOC), where technicians will monitor telephone and data networks and provide tr...