Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced electronic engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multi-disciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Are:
Candidate will be part of a multi-skilled team responsible for the network architecture and implementation of the JWICS upgrade project. The network engineers will manage, troubleshoot, and correct incidents and problems associated with project wide area networks including national and international systems. This includes all associated end-to-end components, and cryptographic devices. The engineer will develop the necessary plans and execution strategies to implement changes in the enterprise environment as directed by project leadership, and do so in accordance with approved change management and release processes. The engineer must have strong local and wide area network skills and experience and possess an active Cisco and/or Juniper certification to include CCNP or JNCIP as a minimum.
Preferred qualifications include:
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- BS Degree in related field is desired.
- Cisco and/or Juniper Certifications to include CCNP or JNCIP with at least 5 years experience. CCIE certification in-progress prefered.
- Service Provider level knowledge of VPN Concepts and Troubleshooting, VPLS, VLAN Concepts, QoS, GRES and Non-Stop Routing, OSPF Configuration, BGP Attributes and Operation, GRE Tunnels, IPV6, and MPLS.
- Thorough understanding and proven experience in executing system engineering process/activities.
- Experience in developing and assessing IT planning documents that address enterprise-wide issues and strategies.
- Ability to conduct infrastructure strategic and tactical analysis of network migration initiatives (i.e. network optimization, technology refresh, network system integration, etc.) to identify transition execution and operational impacts. Experience in network Life Cycle Management processes and documentation desired.
- Ability to research and analyze various technologies and provide valued feedback to a multitude of stakeholders including executive level government representatives, other contractors, and program senior management.
- Work closely with engineering and service delivery teams to define technical configuration and best practices to optimize the existing legacy network environment.
- Experience in provisioning, installing, and maintaining network data circuits, assuring connectivity and compatibility requirements are satisfied, and monitoring the quality of data transition and IP services provided by vendors.
- Provide technical knowledge transfer in acting as a technical subject matter expert to operations support teams regarding how to best architect, deploy, and sustain.
- Partner with Regional Service Center and delivery teams to establish credibility and capability regarding systems architecture design, configuration and deployment of global enterprise service provide environment
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Min of BS and 5 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CCNP/JNCIP certification required
Service provider level knowledge of VPN Concepts and Troubleshooting, VPLS, VLAN Concepts, QoS, GRES and Non-Stop Routing, OSPF Configuration, BGP Attributes and Operation, GRE Tunnels, IPV6, and MPLS
CareerBuilder - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard