Though best known for GPS technology, Trimble integrates a wide range of positioning technologies including GPS, laser, optical, and inertial technologies with application software, wireless communications, and services to provide complete commercial solutions. Trimble products are used in over 141 countries around the world and serve a variety of industries including agriculture, engineering and construction, transportation, and wireless communications infrastructure.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product, and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. As the market leader in most of our businesses, we offer a compelling value proposition to our customers based on productivity, return on investment and environmental stewardship. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Network Engineer Manager
Trimble Hosting Services (THS) provides hosting and managed services for the application solutions and services of multiple Trimble business units. The
Network Engineer Manager will be responsible for
supporting and operating the production and engineering global IP network infrastructure for the Trimble Hosting Services. The responsibility includes mobile device, private, and Internet connectivity across multiple data centers. Support activities include maintenance and troubleshooting of firewalls, routers, load balancers, and switches and implementation of new circuits, VPN’s, and routes to build out new nodes in the global network.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the design, implementation, test, and support of IP Network changes and new data center interconnects using Frame Relay, VPN, and MPLS and other links between data centers, wireless carriers, and customers.
- Approve ECOs, review their risks, and provide feedback to ECO owners for improvement. Ensure that the ECO process is being followed. Offer feedback for process improvement.
- Manage and resolve complex problems involving interaction between server hardware, mobile device hardware, applications, and IP networks by working with hardware developers, software developers, equipment vendors, and customers.
- Lead and enforce network risk assessments, be an advocate of the ISO process, monitor network equipment operation and utilization, and optimize the performance, redundancy, and cost of the global IP Network.
- Manage network security with Cisco firewalls, IDS, and IPS modules and ACS Servers, manage wired and wireless data network providers to debug and resolve customer affecting service issues, and provide escalation 24x7 support and perform troubleshooting for the IP Network.
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. In addition, Trimble Navigation Limited participates in the DHS E-Verify program. M/F/V/D
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience
- 5 to 10 years of experience
in the design and implementation of IP network switching, routing, and security using Cisco equipment
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting Wide Area Networks with MPLS, VPN’s and dedicated circuits.
- Experience with operational details GPRS and other wireless networks
- Self-managed, self-starter able to work in rapidly changing environment.
- Strong project management skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Ability to travel (national and international) for about 1 week every 3 or 4 months
- Ability to lift and move equipment up to 35lbs
- Support the division Information Security Management System (ISMS) by participating in security training, risk assessment, and business continuity planning
Trimble Navigation Limited - 14 months ago