Under general supervision, manages the purchase, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems. Responsible for implementation, support, and maintenance of current and future enterprise network systems. Works on complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various technical and non-technical factors. Plans and implements large-scale systems projects. Provides work leadership and training to lower level network technicians. Requires strong technical skills and working knowledge of LAN/MAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications.
The Network Engineer is responsible for insuring the day-to-day operation, reliability, and integrity of the enterprise data communications network. This includes the installation, maintenance, and management of all network equipment such as routers, switches, wiring, servers, back-up systems, firewalls, load balancers, proxy servers, network management systems and diagnostic tools. Develops company policies and procedures to support network operations, security and integrity.
Maintains and updates network documentation and insures company network policies and data transmission procedures are enforced. Responsible for maintaining and updating network equipment inventory records and network problem records. Assists the Manager, Enterprise Networks in developing budgets (identification and recommendation of items), and procuring network equipment and supplies. Works with the Enterprise Network team in the design of the LAN, MAN and WAN networks. Performs system generation, tuning, configuration, upgrades, performance management, disaster recovery, and usage reporting as required. Leads projects primarily at an enterprise scale and on a regional or site level as part of providing oversight and design review over Hospital network infrastructure.
- High School Diploma is required. College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent education is highly preferred.
- Experience and certification in Microsoft networks is required. Cisco CCNA and progress toward CCNP certification is required. Extensive and proven experience may be substituted for certification where appropriate.
- Ability to understand, recommend, design, and implement mainframe and LAN/MAN/WAN functionality such as cabling systems, hubs, switches, bridges, routers, gateways, firewalls, load balancers, proxy servers, terminal servers and communication servers.
- In depth understanding of LAN/MAN/WAN protocols and protocol interaction.
- 3-5 years experience in a distributed network environment is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work independently is a must.
- Ability to quickly learn systems with little or no documentation. Continuous learning of new systems, business processes and concepts are a must.
- Must have the ability to work well with people of varying levels of technical abilities.
- Must have full understanding of project management methodologies and concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
AHS Information Services
Staff / Associate
High School Diploma / GED
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Dec 10, 2012, 2:13:41 PM
Adventist Health System Sunbelt Healthcare's mission is to serve the community, and boy, does it! One of the country's largest...