Job Title: Network Engineer
Note: USC, GC and EADs
Network Engineer with VMware
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
Responsible for the design/architecture, implementation and maintenance of server and network based infrastructure. Provides technical support, guidance and hands on delivery in the planning, implementation and ongoing operation of Windows host based systems, network infrastructure and data/telecom services. Works individually and as a team leader in troubleshooting the health and performance of our enterprise wide applications and infrastructure.
Responsible for managing and delivering the following services:
Environment includes: physical, as well as virtualized servers (VMware); Network switches and routers; Security and data center appliances; Network wiring; Telephony; Voicemail; Email (Exchange); Backup and Recovery systems; and interfaces with telecom/datacom service providers.
- Installation and configuration
- Project management
- Vendor management
- Operational support
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SUPERVISORY |DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY
- Works independently at the highest level on all technical phases of project management, delivery and operations and engineering · Provides centralized systems operational support, administration, installation and maintenance of complex enterprise-wide networks (Data, Video, LANs, WANs).
- Installs, configures and supports Windows based server software · Installs, relocates, configures, tests and maintains the operation of the servers and network systems throughout the enterprise including hardware and software.
- Monitors the operation of the network to ensure proper functioning of hardware and software.
- Identifies and resolves complex server problems utilizing structured troubleshooting methods, techniques and tools.
- Coordinates rollouts and upgrades of hardware/software/telecommunications including specific duties related to implementation and monitoring performance.
- Consults on complex technical issues
- Participates with vendors and carriers during problem analysis/resolution as required.
- Prepares and maintains standard operating procedures for the network, technical specifications and documents, drawings and system documentation and operating manuals · Establishes capacity performance monitoring · Depicts complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; communicates project objectives, scope and direction to project team.
Although the Application Analyst position will not have supervisory authority, the incumbent will serve as a subject matter expert on testing and SLC documentation requirements, and will provide guidance to IT project managers on documentation and testing strategies accordingly.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
o Cisco: CCNA or CCDA
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline · Requires one of the following certifications:
o Microsoft: MCA or MCITP
o CCIE a plus
o General Wan/Lan technologies
- Minimum 9 years overall professional experience · Proven competency with the following technologies:
o Mobile Device Management
o Windows server 2008 and higher
o Windows SUS
o MS Exchange
o MS SCCM
o MS SCOM
o MS Active Directory
o SAN Technology
o Cisco Firewall
o Cisco and Voicemail systems
o Cisco switch and routers
o Riverbed a plus
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to author communications and system documentation independently
- Experience with IT in pharmaceutical or other FDA-regulated industry desired · Proven record of quality, compliance and delivery · Excellent communication skills, particularly in effectively communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience · Self-starter, problem solver, self-motivated · Project management experience · Team-oriented, but also able to work independently · Strong interpersonal skills · Experience working in a global organization
Benvia is one of the fastest growing IT consulting and Software Development Company with offices in the USA and Global Delivery Center based...