The Network Engineer is responsible for all design, installation, programming, and Support services for COA's Network to include all phone systems, cable infrastructure, Wireless access point and monitoring system uptime. The Network Engineer reports directly to the Telecommunications Director.
Examples Of Essential Duties:
• The Network Engineer will manage all engineering projects such as for VoIP initiatives, plan network technology roadmaps, configuration and optimization of all aspects of COA's Network and related network equipment and services.
• The Network Engineer will supervise the installation, monitoring,maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links for employees and constituents.
The Network Engineer is required to have training/experience in the following areas:
• Engineering degree or equivalent experience
• Attain CCNA, CCNP, CCNE and a VOIP/SIP certifications
• Experience and knowledge of Cisco Switches and Routers configuration & programming
• Willingness and demonstrated capability to learn, assimilate, and act upon large amounts of information rapidly.
• Knowledge of Cisco VoIP-PBX
• Knowledge of Data Circuits uses (T1, PRIs, Internet, Metro EnterNet etc.)
C. Technical Requirements:
The Network Engineer is required to have understanding and capability to acquire,
develop, and disseminate technical and non-technical information. Knowledge sets must include:
• Experience and strong knowledge of telecommunications concept development, deployment, and support.
• Basic knowledge of legacy telecommunications system
• Experience and strong knowledge of VOIP and SIP protocol.
• Experience with IP telephony architecture including firewalls, VPNs, etc.
• Experience and strong knowledge of voice, data, and fiber concept development,
deployment, and support. Experience and knowledge of network design including switching, routing, QOS and firewalls.
The City of Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer