DIRECTV is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join the team. The Senior Network Engineer position will be located at our California Broadcast Center located in Long Beach, California. The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for the following.
- Ensure the stability and integrity of the data, video, and wireless network services.
- Partner with Network Engineering in planning, designing, and developing our local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs).
- Participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links.
- Operate both as an incident and problem response contact and will be considered Tier III support
- Maintain and assist in the design and deployment of Broadcast Network Operations controlled LANs, WANs, and wireless networks.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Collaborate with the Network Engineering department to assess near and long-term network capacity needs.
- Work with the Network Engineering team to create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure network connectivity of all Broadcast Network Operations controlled network appliances.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to network technicians.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including Cisco routers and switches, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, and ISIS.
- Experience with CDN services including caching, streaming, video ingest, video encoding, and video over IP transport
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures data circuits.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Broadcast Operations / Technical Services
About Us? We’re About You.
You’re probably not here to read about DIRECTV’s Fortune 100 ranking, annual revenue or...