Come grow with us!! At Data Tactics, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting-edge research, development and rapid deployment institution where our shared intellect, hard work, and vanguard for our client’s trust make a positive difference in their success, the security of our country, and the lives of our employees. The Data Tactics team is comprised of industry recognized experts in the field of Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Engineering, System/Software Development, Data/Systems Integration, and Operations & Maintenance (O&M). We offer challenging and exciting opportunities which can advance your technical skills and provide you with compelling career growth. If you’re ready to push yourself and your career to new levels you should consider Data Tactics Corporation, where every day we strive to be the best at what we do!
This position requires an active TS/SCI Clearance
Job Description :
The Network Engineer is responsible for the execution and deployment of new releases and infrastructure upgrades to web services platforms, maintaining network operations for a complex network of servers with an emphasis on load-balancing technologies in support the SOFNET Enterprise. This position is also responsible for troubleshooting and proactively monitoring networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties. This is a high-profile, high-paced mission-critical position that integrates mission critical technology. Candidate will interface with HQ SOCOM Engineers in support of the SOCOM Enterprise. Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide documentation of network operating systems and network topology
- Implement authorized network enhancements and special projects as assigned
- Support and maintain recovery systems and operations, including but not limited to: maintaining backup system configuration, performing backup system upgrades, monitoring backups, and performing restores as needed
- Supports the organization in the design and implementation of network components; including support of development systems and assistance with testing
- Recommend new and emerging technologies to solve business problems
Job Skills :
- Expert knowledge of IIS 6/7, including certificate management, domain registration, DNS, etc
- Extensive experience supporting public facing web site
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, both workstation and server
- Strong experience with load balancing technologies (F5 preferred)
- Ability to write scripts to automate operations in Batch and VBScript (PowerShell and/or Perl considered a plus)
- Proficient with Microsoft Message Queuing and .NET applications
- Experience with VMware ESXi in a clustered environment
- Expertise in configuring and allocating SAN storage
- Experience implementing and supporting Microsoft clustering
- Strong communication skills to provide for effective documentation and business cases
- Ability to participate in a rotating on-call support schedule
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of experience. Additional training, technical certification, and/or years experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be competent to work as part of a team on all phases of systems administration activities.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Security+.
- Must be a US citizen with a TS/SCI clearance.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification.
- MCITP Windows Server or MCSE Server Infrastructure Certification.
- Candidate must be a team player and be able to follow processes and procedures.
- Self-disciplined, self-starter, professional who can successfully bring projects to.
We were recently ranked as one of the 50 fastest growing companies in the DC Metro Area in 2011 by the Washington Business Journal. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and offer an excellent benefit package, including:
• Competitive wages
• Employer-paid Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance (100% Employer Paid)
• Employer-paid Life Insurance for hazardous duty assignments
• Short and Long Term Disability
• 15 Days Total Paid Time and 9 Paid Holidays
• 401K after 90 days
• Flexible Savings Accounts for Child Care and Health Care
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Professional Development Certification Programs
• Employee Referral Incentives
Data Tactics Corp. - 15 months ago